. Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
EttaJ

New

Post by EttaJ » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:17 am

I am an AA female considering taking the LSAT for the third time. I wanted to know if any URMs had experience taking this exam three times, and if so did it negatively impact your admission to anywhere in the top 14 (especially HYS)? I have read on other posts that it did negatively affect admission to HYS. Although I studied very hard for the second exam, I am wondering (the more I research on TLS) if I broke the exam down enough theoretically. If there is even a possibility for me to score a 170 and help my chances at HYS I am considering a retake. Please let me know your opinions...I really appreciate it.
Last edited by EttaJ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

JustE

Silver

Re: URM and taking the LSAT three times

Post by JustE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 am

Yes, multiple LSATs for HYS will hurt you. Luckily, you're a URM and really only have one other score. If you have a convincing score this time, I think you'll be fine. There are too few AA's out there with 170+ for this to harm you. You have a 3.7 GPA. Worst case scenario if you break 170 is a full ride at a mid T14, but I think you can get H with a 170+ and a brief addendum.

I have three scores. I'll let you know how it goes when I hear back. Good luck!

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:27 pm

VEO29 wrote:I am an AA female considering taking the LSAT for the third time. At this point I have a cancel (June 11) and then a 164 (Oct 11).

--ImageRemoved--

VEO29 wrote: If there is even a possibility for me to score a 170 and help my chances at HYS I am considering a retake. Please let me know your opinions...I really appreciate it.
I am guessing a 170 gets you a full ride. URM numbers are way down this year.

EttaJ

New

Post by EttaJ » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 pm

MormonChristian...that pic was hilarious! However, I am not applying this year, it would be for the next. Here's to hoping that the numbers stay the same!
Last edited by EttaJ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 pm

VEO29 wrote:MormonChristian...that pic was hilarious! However, I am not applying this year, it would be for the next. Here's to hoping that the numbers stay the same!
Even better! If you submit your apps early enough next year and your statements are perfect, you actually have a chance at H as you are now. Improve a few points and you will kill it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”