Am I over-reaching? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ososmooth

New

Am I over-reaching?

Post by ososmooth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Last edited by ososmooth on Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: Am I over-reaching?

Post by BlakcMajikc » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

ososmooth wrote:I posted before that I would love to go to cornell law, but being that I can't just put all my eggs in one basket I complied a final list of schools I will be applying to this cycle...Please let me know if i'm doing "too much" and if I need to add/subtract schools from my list. Any feedback will be appreciated. I got a lot of fee waivers so that is why I am even able to apply to these schools. AA female/158/3.81... Lots of leadership...great internships...great personal statement(so Ive been told lol)... good recommendations

U Penn
Georgetown
Cornell
WUSTL
George Washington
UVA
Vandy
Columbia
U Chicago
Fordham
Brooklyn
Cardozo
University of Buffalo
safeties?
Duke
Washington and Lee

BTW all of you have been really helpful on this forum Thanks!
Obviously glad you have some T14s sprinkled in. I would add more in the range of W&M, Notre Dame, Indiana, BU, BC instead of Brooklyn, Cardozo, Buffalo. The more the merrier because I think if you don't get T-14, then for schools in the Fordham to WUSTL range, the decision may end up be based on scholarship dollars and cost of attendance.

ososmooth

New

Post by ososmooth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Last edited by ososmooth on Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Angrygeopolitically

Bronze

Post by Angrygeopolitically » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:46 pm

I would really throw in BC and BU.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:40 am

ososmooth wrote:Cardozo, Brooklyn, U Buffalo are my safeties since I live in NY and want to ultimately practice in NY... I will look into the other schools that you mentioned.. Thanks a lot
Gotcha. Unless you are talking about practicing in upstate NY, then take Buffalo out of there. If you are extremely risk-adverse instead insert St. John/Rutgers/SHU (to replace that Buffalo) where you should receive full rides.

ososmooth

New

Post by ososmooth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:36 pm

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”