152/3.64

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Aha0005

Re: 152/3.64

Postby Aha0005 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 pm

How do admissions committees look at an applicant re-applying a 3rd time?

Aha0005

Postby Aha0005 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am

Anyone? I've searched the forums and have come up with nothing...has anyone out there applied to law school more than twice?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 am

Aha0005 wrote:Anyone? I've searched the forums and have come up with nothing...has anyone out there applied to law school more than twice?

I highly doubt they care. If you have the numbers, they'll likely take you. And if you get your LSAT up, you'll be applying to new schools.

Your GPA isn't as high as you think it is. 3.64 is probably average for T1 range schools. Obviously your LSAT is bad. You bring diversity to the table, but being an AA female won't make up for an average GPA and a poor LSAT at respectable schools. A 160+ would change everything for you. Your school choices, and subsequently your life opportunities, would be much better with a better LSAT and reapplying.

Go check out the LSAT Forum and check out Arrow's guide. You can do this. Good luck!

Hjones33

Postby Hjones33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 am

romothesavior wrote:
Aha0005 wrote:Anyone? I've searched the forums and have come up with nothing...has anyone out there applied to law school more than twice?

I highly doubt they care. If you have the numbers, they'll likely take you. And if you get your LSAT up, you'll be applying to new schools.

Your GPA isn't as high as you think it is. 3.64 is probably average for T1 range schools. Obviously your LSAT is bad. You bring diversity to the table, but being an AA female won't make up for an average GPA and a poor LSAT at respectable schools. A 160+ would change everything for you. Your school choices, and subsequently your life opportunities, would be much better with a better LSAT and reapplying.

Go check out the LSAT Forum and check out Arrow's guide. You can do this. Good luck!

I am was trying so hard to determine who that is on your avatar. It looks like a snapshot from an ESPN telecast, and its an old white dude so one might assume it's an owner, and your name has romo in it, but I am pretty sure it is not Jerry Jones. So I have to cheat, who is that mysterious man?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:14 am

Its Jerry during the debacle of a first half in week 17 at the Meadowlands.

Aha0005

Postby Aha0005 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:51 am

romothesavior wrote:

Thanks. I'm nicknaming my third cycle, "Operation Get Out the Hood Once and For All" (unless I get into Penn of course :wink: )

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 am

Aha0005 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Thanks. I'm nicknaming my third cycle, "Operation Get Out the Hood Once and For All" (unless I get into Penn of course :wink: )

You are not getting into Penn. If I can start at low 140s and get a 167 (which I still consider to be on the shit end of scores), you can certainly crack into the 160s. Stop posting, you should be studying.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:50 am

Rawlberto wrote:You are not getting into Penn. If I can start at low 140s and get a 167 (which I still consider to be on the shit end of scores), you can certainly crack into the 160s. Stop posting, you should be studying.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”