Apply Now or Retake... looking for some advice AA Male

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
crispycan

Apply Now or Retake... looking for some advice AA Male

Postby crispycan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 am

I received my October LSAT score back and scored a 154, this coupled with my 3.24 LSAC GPA. On my last couple practice test I had been testing between 157-159 so although I was not entirely disappointed in my score I do feel that I could improve by doing better on the Logic Games Section, and putting in a solid 5 weeks of studying before December. I therefore have signed up for the December test and am thinking about holding off on submitting applications until then. Is this a good strategy? I know that it is often advised to apply early and so I'd be taking somewhat of a risk holding off until the December LSAT, but if I do go up at least 2 or 3 points would this be worth the risk? I'm aiming at T-25 - T40 schools and looking at my relatively low GPA I figure that doing better on the LSAT is a must for me. Thanks for in advance, any advice is greatly appreciated

Alltheirsplendor

Re: Apply Now or Retake... looking for some advice AA Male

Postby Alltheirsplendor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 am

Retake. Logic games are the easiest to improve. The market is terrible, so I wouldn't recommend going to law school unless you've maximized your cores in every single way.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”