AA Female/2.35 GPA/176 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
serdog

Bronze

Re: AA Female/2.35 GPA/176 LSAT

Post by serdog » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 am

If you want to go Right how throw a app to Toronto (LinkRemoved) they take your best 3 years for admissions thus with for them you have a 175 4.0. Toronto will allow you to take the NY bar and have fair shot at BigLaw in NYC also the cost is much lower.
That being said apply to the T14 even the T6 you never know what will happen (I'm NA 159 3.2 and Columbia wait-listed by til Aug), Toronto would make a great safety however

AppsAbound

New

Post by AppsAbound » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 am

I would apply everywhere if I were you, and by everywhere I meant the top schools. Yes your GPA sucks, but the addendum to explain that is a boost in and of itself because it demonstrates the kind of character that you have. Additionally, people get turned off by low GPAs because it makes you look like a slacker or not intellectually advanced enough to perform well in school. Ending with a 4.0 is great evidence to rebut that presumption. I think that at least one of the T-14 will accept you, please come back in a year and laugh at me if I'm wrong. I think that this is a great story and if it's true I think that you will go far with it.

Good luck!

misslaw1

New

Post by misslaw1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you everyone for your reply, you all have given me a lot of good advice and a lot to think about.

igo2northwestern

Bronze

Post by igo2northwestern » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm

I think you have a great shot at CCN provided that you can convince them that your health will not hinder your LS success.

misslaw1

New

Post by misslaw1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:11 pm

igo2northwestern wrote:I think you have a great shot at CCN provided that you can convince them that your health will not hinder your LS success.
Very good point. I am sure that I can write a good persuasive PS to convince them of that. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”