Indian+Chinese=URM? ...or ORM? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jshark

New

Indian+Chinese=URM? ...or ORM?

Post by jshark » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:19 am

Indian+Chinese=URM? ...or ORM?

Does this race combo mean anything? Do I write a DS on this? Why was I made this way? Someone, please tell me.

Angrygeopolitically

Bronze

Re: Indian+Chinese=URM? ...or ORM?

Post by Angrygeopolitically » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:22 am

I don't think it will help very much according to this site but i would write a diversity statement.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:27 am

orm. write a diversity statement if you want.

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 am

jshark wrote:Why was I made this way? Someone, please tell me.
Glad to oblige. Well see, one of your parents was Chinese and the other Indian. So they met through whatever means and figured they liked each other. Days went by, and so on and so forth, but that is irrelevant. You were made through sex. There are other forms of baby-making and it doesn't always have to occur on account of Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on". There's immaculate conception, but that is still disputed by some incorrigible atheists - men and women of ill-repute whose greatest achievement is simultaneously pissing off Protestants and Catholics, but that is irrelevant. In fact, Marvin Gaye's name was originally "Gay" but he was unhappy about this and threw in the closest vowel he could think of, much to the chagrin of progressives worldwide who dwell in dark alleys and coffee shops selling over-priced merchandise accrued on the backs on oppressed farm laborers in Kenya, they call them the proletariat to obfuscate their suffering, kinda like how not being able to get it up is referred to as "erectile dysfunction" or when pulling the shit out is called "coitus interruptus" (this is relevant to your interests), the nerve of these rascals!

They admire garbage art because they feel guilty about the fact that people with useless degrees cannot make money...nevermind. Anyways, they often listen to obscure bands and call them "underground" which is is a euphemism for crappy music that the majority of the population actively hate. They universally hate Nickelback. I like Nickelback myself but don't tell anybody. They frequently misquote Kafka and Descartes, and throw in abridged versions of Thoreau and Rousseau etc, but that is irrelevant.

You know what I really hate? Twitter. I hate Twitter, I actively hate it. Mostly because people who tweet won't shut up about it. "Tweet", what kinda stupid term is that? Huh? Anyways, so what are you going to do about your predicament? Ddid you know I have a problem deciding where to put paragraphs?

jshark

New

Post by jshark » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:18 am

chimp wrote:orm. write a diversity statement if you want.
are you saying that it wouldn't help me? or that there is the potential chance that it may help me?

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
jshark wrote:Why was I made this way? Someone, please tell me.
Glad to oblige. Well see, one of your parents was Chinese and the other Indian. So they met through whatever means and figured they liked each other. Days went by, and so on and so forth, but that is irrelevant. You were made through sex. There are other forms of baby-making and it doesn't always have to occur on account of Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on". There's immaculate conception, but that is still disputed by some incorrigible atheists - men and women of ill-repute whose greatest achievement is simultaneously pissing off Protestants and Catholics, but that is irrelevant. In fact, Marvin Gaye's name was originally "Gay" but he was unhappy about this and threw in the closest vowel he could think of, much to the chagrin of progressives worldwide who dwell in dark alleys and coffee shops selling over-priced merchandise accrued on the backs on oppressed farm laborers in Kenya, they call them the proletariat to obfuscate their suffering, kinda like how not being able to get it up is referred to as "erectile dysfunction" or when pulling the shit out is called "coitus interruptus" (this is relevant to your interests), the nerve of these rascals!

They admire garbage art because they feel guilty about the fact that people with useless degrees cannot make money...nevermind. Anyways, they often listen to obscure bands and call them "underground" which is is a euphemism for crappy music that the majority of the population actively hate. They universally hate Nickelback. I like Nickelback myself but don't tell anybody. They frequently misquote Kafka and Descartes, and throw in abridged versions of Thoreau and Rousseau etc, but that is irrelevant.

You know what I really hate? Twitter. I hate Twitter, I actively hate it. Mostly because people who tweet won't shut up about it. "Tweet", what kinda stupid term is that? Huh? Anyways, so what are you going to do about your predicament? Ddid you know I have a problem deciding where to put paragraphs?

dkt4

Bronze

Post by dkt4 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 pm

jshark wrote: are you saying that it wouldn't help me? or that there is the potential chance that it may help me?
if you make a DS that is good, it could help you. there's no reason it definitely would though.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:Glad to oblige. Well see, one of your parents was Chinese and the other Indian.
It was funny until there, then everything after it killed whatever humor the initial joke had. :|

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Last edited by freestallion on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 am

What does ORM stand for? Other racial minority...?

crabcakes

Bronze

Post by crabcakes » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 am

jim-green wrote:What does ORM stand for? Other racial minority...?
over represented minority

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am

crabcakes wrote:
jim-green wrote:What does ORM stand for? Other racial minority...?
over represented minority
Ah, thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”