Howard Law Recreation Facilities...? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
utopian_grrl

New

Howard Law Recreation Facilities...?

Post by utopian_grrl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

I love the fact that HUSL is in DC, but potentially having to shell out an additional several hundred dollars a year to go to one of the pricey gyms in/near DC is disheartening and inconvenient.

So are there no treadmill, exercise equipment, instructional classes, intramural sports available to the students at Howard's undergrad and law school campuses?

cooleylaw2015

New

Re: Howard Law Recreation Facilities...?

Post by cooleylaw2015 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:13 pm

utopian_grrl wrote:I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

I love the fact that HUSL is in DC, but potentially having to shell out an additional several hundred dollars a year to go to one of the pricey gyms in/near DC is disheartening and inconvenient.

So are there no treadmill, exercise equipment, instructional classes, intramural sports available to the students at Howard's undergrad and law school campuses?
They have a KFC across the street is that what you are asking?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 pm

cooleylaw2015 wrote:
utopian_grrl wrote:I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

They have a KFC across the street is that what you are asking?
oh boy

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 pm

This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.

cooleylaw2015

New

Post by cooleylaw2015 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.
I've had them after 1 post before so not so quick

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 pm

cooleylaw2015 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.
I've had them after 1 post before so not so quick
mtal?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Ugh...please ignore the troll guys. Dude's permabanned. Tar will be dealt with swiftly.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”