Howard Law Recreation Facilities...?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
utopian_grrl

Howard Law Recreation Facilities...?

Postby utopian_grrl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

I love the fact that HUSL is in DC, but potentially having to shell out an additional several hundred dollars a year to go to one of the pricey gyms in/near DC is disheartening and inconvenient.

So are there no treadmill, exercise equipment, instructional classes, intramural sports available to the students at Howard's undergrad and law school campuses?

cooleylaw2015

Re: Howard Law Recreation Facilities...?

Postby cooleylaw2015 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:13 pm

utopian_grrl wrote:I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

I love the fact that HUSL is in DC, but potentially having to shell out an additional several hundred dollars a year to go to one of the pricey gyms in/near DC is disheartening and inconvenient.

So are there no treadmill, exercise equipment, instructional classes, intramural sports available to the students at Howard's undergrad and law school campuses?

They have a KFC across the street is that what you are asking?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 pm

cooleylaw2015 wrote:
utopian_grrl wrote:I know that Howard Law and the undergrad campus are in different parts of the city - which is a good thing for the law school. But, while browsing the recreation facilities offered at Howard University (undergrad), I came across a recreation center that only offered things that were readily available in the freshman dorms at my old undergrad university. ie: bowling, table tennis, pool, ping pong, etc. And then you still have to pay an addition fee for them...

They have a KFC across the street is that what you are asking?

oh boy

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 pm

This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.

cooleylaw2015

Postby cooleylaw2015 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.

I've had them after 1 post before so not so quick

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:26 pm

cooleylaw2015 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:This is gonna be the quickest ban EVER.

I've had them after 1 post before so not so quick

mtal?

Postby 20121109 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Ugh...please ignore the troll guys. Dude's permabanned. Tar will be dealt with swiftly.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”