Removed post... Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NCGuy

Gold

Schools I should apply to?

Post by NCGuy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Last edited by NCGuy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gold

Re: Schools I should apply to?

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 pm

We really need an LSAT score before we can give you the advice you're looking for....

Your GPA is a little low so really try your best to maximize your LSAT score. Good luck studying!

NCGuy

Gold

Post by NCGuy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

NCGuy wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:We really need an LSAT score before we can give you the advice you're looking for....

Your GPA is a little low so really try your best to maximize your LSAT score. Good luck studying!
Thanks

I'm aiming for a 165 or so. I'm doing the October LSAT and hoping to go complete after my scores come in so I can maximize my chances of getting in. I'll likely put my applications in without knowing my LSAT score so I'll be relying on my GPA and softs to find schools and hoping my LSAT falls in line with my expectations.

BAD IDEA! Without knowing your LSAT score you could be accepted to Columbia, Chicago, Columbia or be rejected by even the worst T4's (Cooley, Thomas Jefferson, etc...)

Don't apply to schools until you have an LSAT. Otherwise your going to waste your money on applications where you absolutely no chance of acceptance.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:00 pm

Don't do anything without an LSAT score, that includes coming here for advice on which schools you can get into.

You don't seem to grasp how important LSAT scores are in admissions.

Also, don't aim for a 165, aim for a 180. But if you can break a 165-ish you should be sitting pretty with most schools.

NCGuy

Gold

Post by NCGuy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:03 pm

NCGuy wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:We really need an LSAT score before we can give you the advice you're looking for....

Thanks

I'm aiming for a 165 or so. I'm doing the October LSAT and hoping to go complete after my scores come in so I can maximize my chances of getting in. I'll likely put my applications in without knowing my LSAT score so I'll be relying on my GPA and softs to find schools and hoping my LSAT falls in line with my expectations.
I agree with what other posters have said. Please wait on your LSAT score.

If you get a 165...your chances are decent at the lower-ranked schools you listed, but anything higher than that is a reach. Harvard is out...and Duke maybe a bit of a stretch. Since UVA is your top choice, you may want to ED to increase your chances. But don't make any decisions until you get your LSAT score. If you get a 168+, do not ED anywhere. Certainly expand your school list and keep your options open. Apply to the entire T20 and expect money and mostly acceptances.

Again, study your ass off. URM cycles are notoriously unpredictable and you really need a great LSAT score to secure admission at a top school.

And you're not wasting anyone's time :)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”