Chances getting in? :( Advice??

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Susan_Walid

Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Postby Susan_Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 am

Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alltheirsplendor

Re: Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Postby Alltheirsplendor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hopefully this isn't a flame...

Anyways, I would retake. A 3.5 isn't spectacular, but it isn't bad either. Don't let it go to waste. Getting a 160 will open a different world.

Moxie

Re: Chances getting in? :( Advice??

Postby Moxie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You don't HAVE TO, but you'd be dumb not to. The small investment in time and money will be worth a huge amount down the line in potential earnings.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”