URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Bud Foxx
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:36 pm

URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby Bud Foxx » Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Profile:
AA Male
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
3.6 LSAC GPA (3.93)
169 LSAT
BS - Business Admin. / Finance
Interned at a DC lawfirm
Founded internet company
Some volunteer experience

Bio:
Graduated last year; created prototype for a company that was accepted to a tech-startup incubator; wasn't successful. I'm still interested in startup culture but, I would rather practice IP Law. Will apply to LS next cycle hopefully.

Schools:
Harvard
Stanford
Berkeley
Columbia
NYU
Chicago
Penn
UVA
Mich
Duke
Northwestern
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA
USC
Howard


Chances? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sfxx
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby sfxx » Sun May 08, 2011 3:01 pm

you'll enjoy Cambridge

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun May 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Blanket the t-14. You'll likely see money down through CCN.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby mths » Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

in everywhere?

congrats

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby TheOcho » Sun May 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Bud Foxx wrote:Profile:
AA Male
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
3.6 LSAC GPA (3.93)
169 LSAT
BS - Business Admin. / Finance
Interned at a DC lawfirm
Founded internet company
Some volunteer experience

Bio:
Graduated last year; created prototype for a company that was accepted to a tech-startup incubator; wasn't successful. I'm still interested in startup culture but, I would rather practice IP Law. Will apply to LS next cycle hopefully.

Schools:
Harvard
Stanford
Berkeley
Columbia
NYU
Chicago
Penn
UVA
Mich
Duke
Northwestern
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA
USC
Howard


Chances? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Howard should not even be in consideration. Enjoy T-14 with $.

Bud Foxx
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby Bud Foxx » Sun May 08, 2011 5:58 pm

mths wrote:in everywhere?

congrats


Seriously? Not to criticize my alma mater but, I went to what US News would consider a T-4 school. How heavily does your undergraduate institution weigh when applying to LS?

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby billyez » Sun May 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Take it from a fellow URM - T-14's aren't going to care where you went. Not going to say in everywhere, but it's obvious you need to blanket the T-14. Even if you really want to go to a HBCU, there's no reason to bother applying to Howard.

User avatar
OperaAttorney
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby OperaAttorney » Mon May 09, 2011 1:04 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:Blanket the t-14. You'll likely see money down through CCN.


Cosigned.

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby BlaqBella » Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 am

Bud Foxx wrote:Profile:
AA Male
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
3.6 LSAC GPA (3.93)
169 LSAT
BS - Business Admin. / Finance
Interned at a DC lawfirm
Founded internet company
Some volunteer experience

Bio:
Graduated last year; created prototype for a company that was accepted to a tech-startup incubator; wasn't successful. I'm still interested in startup culture but, I would rather practice IP Law. Will apply to LS next cycle hopefully.

Schools:
Harvard
Stanford
Berkeley
Columbia
NYU
Chicago
Penn
UVA
Mich
Duke
Northwestern
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA
USC
Howard


Chances? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Stanford will be the perfect fit given your background and interest. You're going to have an amazing cycle!

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby Moxie » Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

See you in Cambridge, most likely. Apply early in the cycle to maximize your chances.

Yale might be a no-go with that GPA, but you have a great chance everywhere else.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby whirledpeas86 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:01 am

OperaAttorney wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:Blanket the t-14. You'll likely see money down through CCN.


Cosigned.


This. Good luck!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: URM, 3.6 GPA, 169 LSAT - Chances at T-14?

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:40 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:Blanket the t-14. You'll likely see money down through CCN.


Cosigned.


This. Good luck!


+1 They could care less about what schools you went to PM me if you want further details.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, chasima, TAD and 3 guests