FAMily famu

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Cwarrior57

FAMily famu

Postby Cwarrior57 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Who is considering famu? Just wondering because no one really talked about this school.

Sloth Hero

Re: FAMily famu

Postby Sloth Hero » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I go to FSU for ug, so i'm really close.

It's a nice school, but there are heavy stereotypes attributed to it in the area.

Malcolm8X

Postby Malcolm8X » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:Who is considering famu? Just wondering because no one really talked about this school.

**WARNING** This is going to turn into a grill session if this thread proceeds.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

--LinkRemoved-- --ImageRemoved----ImageRemoved----ImageRemoved----ImageRemoved--

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:37 pm

FAMU and Florida Coastal should have a duel to settle once and for all which is the least respected law school in FL.

Also I hear if you matriculate at FAMU you get free diet pills.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

rad law wrote:FAMU and Florida Coastal should have a duel to settle once and for all which is the least respected law school in FL.

The obvious answer to this is Barry.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
rad law wrote:FAMU and Florida Coastal should have a duel to settle once and for all which is the least respected law school in FL.

I dunno bro. Nova has a better space law program.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:40 pm

rad law wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

I dunno bro. Nova has a better space law program.

I'm looking into Compuserve law. I hear Barry has the edge on that.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm definitely doing BigLawndry, so I'll be going to NOVA

Edit: In all seriousness, FAMU has had some major issues in its past that make employment prospects pretty bleak. Are you only looking at HBCUs? I'm sure you've considered Howard, no?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 pm

FAMU and Coastal aren't less respected than Ave Maria, right? Or Barry?

But really at this point, who cares? Picking the "best" of the worst Florida schools would be like having having a consolation World Series playoff between the Royals, Pirates, Blue Jays, and Nationals. The winner of the competition still sucks. No one should go to these schools.

I almost feel bad for Florida. They have a couple of decent schools, no great schools, and a plethora of suckage. Not a good state for law school.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:

But really at this point, who cares? Picking the "best" of the worst Florida schools would be like having having a consolation World Series playoff between the Royals, Pirates, Blue Jays, and Nationals. The winner of the competition still sucks. No one should go to these schools.

I almost feel bad for Florida. They have a couple of decent schools, no great schools, and a plethora of suckage. Not a good state for law school.

Well, the decent schools they do have are at bargain basement tuition rates. But yes, everything sucks down here.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:

I almost feel bad for Florida. They have a couple of decent schools, no great schools, and a plethora of suckage. Not a good statefor law school.

FTFY

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:55 pm

NoleinNY wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

I almost feel bad for Florida. They have a couple of decent schools, no great schools, and a plethora of suckage. Not a good statefor law school.

FTFY

Outted for not wanting hawt, tanned, ass in a 2-piece while in law school.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:12 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Outted for not wanting hawt, tanned, ass in a 2-piece while in law school.

Maintained, of course, by free fen-phen courtesy of FAMU.

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:14 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

FTFY

Outted for not wanting hawt, tanned, ass in a 2-piece while in law school.

That's why I came to LA, sir.

(Los Angeles, not Louisiana)

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm

OP, the real question is: do you think you will enjoy chasing ambulances and/or defending DUIs for the rest of your life?

If yes, go FAMU.

If no, retake and reapply.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:56 am

NoleinNY wrote:

Been there, done that, wasn't impressed. South Florida >>>>> LA (the city not the state) in regards to hott/tanned ass.

LA = rail-thin pasty chicks, doin rails in bathrooms of shitty clubs

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:25 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:

Been there, done that, wasn't impressed. South Florida >>>>> LA (the city not the state) in regards to hott/tanned ass.

:roll:

Miami = rail-thin, bleached chicks, doin rails in bathrooms of shitty clubs, while it is 90 degrees and 85% humidity outside and you are getting swamp ass (I mean "swamp ass" in terms of the sweating phenomenon and not ass you get in the swamp aka Ben Griffin Stadium).

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

NoleinNY wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:

Miami = rail-thin, bleached chicks, doin rails in bathrooms of shitty clubs, while it is 90 degrees and 85% humidity outside and you are getting swamp ass (I mean "swamp ass" in terms of the sweating phenomenon and not ass you get in the swamp aka Ben Griffin Stadium).

If you came to Miami and didn't find fat ass and big tits, you did it wrong.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:39 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:

Little known fact: It doesn't get as hot in Miami as it does in Gainesville. The average monthly high never actually hits 90 degrees like it does all over Central Florida:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Miami

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

quakeroats wrote:
Little known fact: It doesn't get as hot in Miami as it does in Gainesville. The average monthly high never actually hits 90 degrees like it does all over Central Florida:

QF 100% humidity

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
quakeroats wrote:

QF 100% humidity

+1

85 Degrees in California feels like 80 degrees.
85 Degrees in New York feels like 85 degrees.
85 Degrees in Florida feels like Satan's taint.

I lived in South Florida for a long time; in the time it would take to walk from my car to my morning class in high school, my back would be drenched in sweat.

Last time I broke that kind of sweat in Los Angeles was during the 113 Degree freak heat-wave in October.

ResolutePear wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:

If you came to Miami and didn't find fat ass and big tits, you did it wrong.

And if you came to LA and didn't find the same, you did it wrong too. I left in the rail-thin jab for both for the sake of consistency.

Fact of the matter is, you have the rail thins and curvies in both cities.

Side note: Yeah.... this thread has kinda gone off the rails...

Cwarrior57

Postby Cwarrior57 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 pm

I really was just seeing what people thought of FAMU but i guess no one on this thread really cares to answer my question.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:I really was just seeing what people thought of FAMU but i guess no one on this thread really cares to answer my question.

Doesn't matter what we think about FAMU. What do you and your potential employers think of it?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:I really was just seeing what people thought of FAMU but i guess no one on this thread really cares to answer my question.

--LinkRemoved--

There have been numerous discussions about FAMU, all of which have talked about how bad the school is.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”