i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

where would you go if....

NYU only if Full scholly (hypothetical b/c I'm not sure)
12
13%
Full at UF (certain)
3
3%
No $$ at HLS
3
3%
No $$ at YLS
70
76%
NYU regardless of scholly
0
No votes
Northwestern
1
1%
Duke
0
No votes
Berkeley
3
3%
 
Total votes: 92

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:also IBTL



Lulz

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.

I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.




Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life


There is no point in arguing with mean spirited ignorance. Which this thread is infested with.

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby chrissyc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

dresden doll wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How's weight gain/major physiological change going?



Really well...I will be bikini ready in no time ....thanks for asking. Ehhh weight gain is no longer an issue...on the straight and narrow. Good stuff.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Drake014 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.

I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.


Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life


OP, this is completely beside the point but why do you keep putting astericks in your cuss words? You even do it in the word hell...
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.

I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.




Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life


There is no point in arguing with mean spirited ignorance. Which this thread is infested with.


and you're just as guilty of it as anyone else

User avatar
predent/prelaw
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby predent/prelaw » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: come on dude. fatduck might be a big silly douche but he is never as mean spirited as you are being right now. also, WE KNOW YOU GOT INTO HARVARD OK WE KNOW ALREADY


I don't talk bad about anybody ever. Ask the people on this board some in this forum I go out of my way to help everybody with everything. This guy is a jerk who tried to bully the OP. I had enough of these type of people just because someone asks a question that they don't feel is worthy of the TLS board. DON'T ANSWER THEN.

Image

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

fatduck wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: come on dude. fatduck might be a big silly douche but he is never as mean spirited as you are being right now. also, WE KNOW YOU GOT INTO HARVARD OK WE KNOW ALREADY


I don't talk bad about anybody ever. Ask the people on this board some in this forum I go out of my way to help everybody with everything. This guy is a jerk who tried to bully the OP. I had enough of these type of people just because someone asks a question that they don't feel is worthy of the TLS board. DON'T ANSWER THEN.

there's a bomb in my house. if i go below 15.00 posts/day it blows up. despite being an electrical engineer i can't disarm it. probably explains the 2.9.

:D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
Upton Sinclair
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Upton Sinclair » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

chrissyc wrote:And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.


L O fucking L. Whining about people being mean to you, and you drop that line?

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
fatduck wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: come on dude. fatduck might be a big silly douche but he is never as mean spirited as you are being right now. also, WE KNOW YOU GOT INTO HARVARD OK WE KNOW ALREADY


I don't talk bad about anybody ever. Ask the people on this board some in this forum I go out of my way to help everybody with everything. This guy is a jerk who tried to bully the OP. I had enough of these type of people just because someone asks a question that they don't feel is worthy of the TLS board. DON'T ANSWER THEN.

there's a bomb in my house. if i go below 15.00 posts/day it blows up. despite being an electrical engineer i can't disarm it. probably explains the 2.9.

:D :D :D :D :D

fatduck you're the king of ninja edits

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby fatduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

not sure OP could handle NYC

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.


This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Drake014 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.

I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.


Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life


OP, this is completely beside the point but why do you keep putting astericks in your cuss words? You even do it in the word hell...
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericksasterisks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.


spelling fail, babe, spelling fail :)

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

fatduck wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

not sure OP could handle NYC

waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

fatduck wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

not sure OP could handle NYC


I'm interested in your reasoning on this. Please expand

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby dresden doll » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How's weight gain/major physiological change going?


jesus christ! this thread wins the asshole award


Admittedly unnecessary.

Anyway, I'll be going back on track now.

OP needs to buzz Fin Aid offices and inquire about her awards. I have friends who are now 2Ls at HY and all agree that HLS and YLS are quite generous. I doubt she'll be getting screwed given her overall background.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby fatduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

not sure OP could handle NYC


I'm interested in your reasoning on this. Please expand

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148085#p4051703

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

not sure OP could handle NYC

waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

Image

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.


This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.


Agreed. There's no wrong decision here, but I think OP might be happiest with the NYU full ride, if she gets it. She won't have to stress or worry about the loans at all, and she will have strong job prospects from NYU, assuming she doesn't have a strong preference for academia.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Knock wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.


This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.


Agreed. There's no wrong decision here, but I think OP might be happiest with the NYU full ride, if she gets it. She won't have to stress or worry about the loans at all, and she will have strong job prospects from NYU, assuming she doesn't have a strong preference for academia.


+1

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning.


My life has meaning because I was born and bred for success and achievement.

Knowing that Yale is infinitely better than UF w/ $$ =/= being a slave to rankings. Glad you got your answer though.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Drake014 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.


Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life


OP, this is completely beside the point but why do you keep putting astericks in your cuss words? You even do it in the word hell...
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericksasterisks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.


spelling fail, babe, spelling fail :)


You're really failing at being the silent arm candy.

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:34 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Knock wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:
Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.


This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.


Agreed. There's no wrong decision here, but I think OP might be happiest with the NYU full ride, if she gets it. She won't have to stress or worry about the loans at all, and she will have strong job prospects from NYU, assuming she doesn't have a strong preference for academia.


+1


OP: So we have a decision (somewhat) Kill that interview, and go to NYU.

Good luck

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby chrissyc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:
chrissyc wrote:And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.


L O fucking L. Whining about people being mean to you, and you drop that line?



Don't you think EVENTUALLY retaliation is justified?

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

Image




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 3 guests