i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU?? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

where would you go if....

NYU only if Full scholly (hypothetical b/c I'm not sure)
13%
Full at UF (certain)
3%
No $$ at HLS
3%
No $$ at YLS
76%
NYU regardless of scholly
No votes
Northwestern
1%
Duke
No votes
Berkeley
3%

Total votes: 92

LLB2JD

Silver

Re: i am at wits end about where to go-HLS, YALE, NYU??

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:also IBTL

Lulz

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.
I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.

Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life
There is no point in arguing with mean spirited ignorance. Which this thread is infested with.

chrissyc

Bronze

Post by chrissyc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

dresden doll wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How's weight gain/major physiological change going?

Really well...I will be bikini ready in no time ....thanks for asking. Ehhh weight gain is no longer an issue...on the straight and narrow. Good stuff.

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
chrissyc wrote:Thank you uncommon...you are a real asset to the thread and I wish we were going to the same school.

So if not a full sholly at NYU I'm definitely going to Yale. Decision is made. Thanks everyone for the wonderful and maybe not so wonderful feedback.

I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.
Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning. I ask a simple question and get all of these rude responses from people who cannot fathom someone not being a slave to the usnwr rankings. My financial stability is important to me. So despite LRAPs its a bit scary to be that far in debt for a significant portion of my adult life
OP, this is completely beside the point but why do you keep putting astericks in your cuss words? You even do it in the word hell...
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

There is no point in arguing with mean spirited ignorance. Which this thread is infested with.
and you're just as guilty of it as anyone else

predent/prelaw

Bronze

Post by predent/prelaw » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: come on dude. fatduck might be a big silly douche but he is never as mean spirited as you are being right now. also, WE KNOW YOU GOT INTO HARVARD OK WE KNOW ALREADY
I don't talk bad about anybody ever. Ask the people on this board some in this forum I go out of my way to help everybody with everything. This guy is a jerk who tried to bully the OP. I had enough of these type of people just because someone asks a question that they don't feel is worthy of the TLS board. DON'T ANSWER THEN.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

fatduck wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: come on dude. fatduck might be a big silly douche but he is never as mean spirited as you are being right now. also, WE KNOW YOU GOT INTO HARVARD OK WE KNOW ALREADY
I don't talk bad about anybody ever. Ask the people on this board some in this forum I go out of my way to help everybody with everything. This guy is a jerk who tried to bully the OP. I had enough of these type of people just because someone asks a question that they don't feel is worthy of the TLS board. DON'T ANSWER THEN.
there's a bomb in my house. if i go below 15.00 posts/day it blows up. despite being an electrical engineer i can't disarm it. probably explains the 2.9.
:D :D :D :D :D

Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Post by Upton Sinclair » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

chrissyc wrote:And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.
L O fucking L. Whining about people being mean to you, and you drop that line?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
fatduck wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
there's a bomb in my house. if i go below 15.00 posts/day it blows up. despite being an electrical engineer i can't disarm it. probably explains the 2.9.
:D :D :D :D :D
fatduck you're the king of ninja edits

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.
not sure OP could handle NYC

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Knock wrote:I don't think NYU full scholly would be a bad choice at all, especially since the OP seems pretty loan/debt averse.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Drake014 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

OP, this is completely beside the point but why do you keep putting astericks in your cuss words? You even do it in the word hell...
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericksasterisks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.
spelling fail, babe, spelling fail :)

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

fatduck wrote:
waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

fatduck wrote:
I'm interested in your reasoning on this. Please expand

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How's weight gain/major physiological change going?
jesus christ! this thread wins the asshole award
Admittedly unnecessary.

Anyway, I'll be going back on track now.

OP needs to buzz Fin Aid offices and inquire about her awards. I have friends who are now 2Ls at HY and all agree that HLS and YLS are quite generous. I doubt she'll be getting screwed given her overall background.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
fatduck wrote:
I'm interested in your reasoning on this. Please expand
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p4051703

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
fatduck wrote:
waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
This is what I'm thinking as well. Obviously OP is very concerned about debt, so I think if she gets the scholly, it should be legitimately considered. This is NYU.
Agreed. There's no wrong decision here, but I think OP might be happiest with the NYU full ride, if she gets it. She won't have to stress or worry about the loans at all, and she will have strong job prospects from NYU, assuming she doesn't have a strong preference for academia.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Knock wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:
Agreed. There's no wrong decision here, but I think OP might be happiest with the NYU full ride, if she gets it. She won't have to stress or worry about the loans at all, and she will have strong job prospects from NYU, assuming she doesn't have a strong preference for academia.
+1

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

chrissyc wrote:
Not likely...but maybe if you think and hope hard enough about it you might actually convince yourself that bullying people gives your life true meaning.
My life has meaning because I was born and bred for success and achievement.

Knowing that Yale is infinitely better than UF w/ $$ =/= being a slave to rankings. Glad you got your answer though.

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:33 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:I hope you go to yale and end up at the bottom of your class where you will end up unemployed and married to a teacher who makes 40K a year.
Shit, fuck damn, bitch. See, no need for astericksasterisks. We're all adults here. Err... mostly.
spelling fail, babe, spelling fail :)
You're really failing at being the silent arm candy.

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:34 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Knock wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:
+1
OP: So we have a decision (somewhat) Kill that interview, and go to NYU.

Good luck

chrissyc

Bronze

Post by chrissyc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:
chrissyc wrote:And for the 2.9ers who are b*tching..don't worry about getting into yale...I doubt that you'd have any chance at matriculating anyway so consider it a favor that they rejected you instead of having you drowning in debt.
L O fucking L. Whining about people being mean to you, and you drop that line?

Don't you think EVENTUALLY retaliation is justified?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote: waaaaaaay too many mean spirits.

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”