CLEO ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL (AIE)-Invited before accepted?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
fivetimestwo

CLEO ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL (AIE)-Invited before accepted?

Postby fivetimestwo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi, this is my first post. Hopefully I am not bringing up a topic that has been discussed before, but I searched and didn't find a question like mine....

Anyway, I received an invitation to CLEO's AIE program earlier this week via email. I know that this program is for those who are already accepted. The only problem is, I have not yet been accepted. I have applied to several schools and I'm still waiting to hear back. I know I am not on their mailing list (or the ABA's mailing list for that matter) and the email I received didn't have the standard LSAC disclaimer, so I know that's not where they got my information. They also sent me a huge packet that arrived today via snail mail.

My question is, is it possible that I have been accepted to one of my schools and I don't know but the folks over at CLEO know? I can't submit the application without attaching my acceptance letter to the school I plan to attend so I'd assume they wouldn't bother sending this info to someone who has not yet been accepted to at least one school already.

Has this happened to any of you?

Malcolm8X

Re: CLEO ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL (AIE)-Invited before accepted?

Postby Malcolm8X » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:29 pm

fivetimestwo wrote:Hi, this is my first post. Hopefully I am not bringing up a topic that has been discussed before, but I searched and didn't find a question like mine....

Anyway, I received an invitation to CLEO's AIE program earlier this week via email. I know that this program is for those who are already accepted. The only problem is, I have not yet been accepted. I have applied to several schools and I'm still waiting to hear back. I know I am not on their mailing list (or the ABA's mailing list for that matter) and the email I received didn't have the standard LSAC disclaimer, so I know that's not where they got my information. They also sent me a huge packet that arrived today via snail mail.

My question is, is it possible that I have been accepted to one of my schools and I don't know but the folks over at CLEO know? I can't submit the application without attaching my acceptance letter to the school I plan to attend so I'd assume they wouldn't bother sending this info to someone who has not yet been accepted to at least one school already.

Has this happened to any of you?

I HIGHLY doubt that. And yes, they would bother sending info to someone who has yet to be accepted to at least one school. Your numbers probably suggest a predicted acceptance (honestly with TTTT schools, I think anybody can be accepted if they put in some effort). LSAC most likely forwarded your name to CLEO. They treat CLEO like a school and refer the names of test takers to them. That's THE ONLY way they got my info, and they only sent me a package once I got my last and best test score.

Edit: P.S. What's up with the font color? You just hurt my eyes.

fivetimestwo

Re: CLEO ATTITUDE IS ESSENTIAL (AIE)-Invited before accepted?

Postby fivetimestwo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks for the answer :D

I'm also a little curious as to why they didn't suggest I apply to ASAP since a) you can participate without actually being accepted and b) it costs $2000 vs. AIE being free (except paying initial airfare).

P.S. sorry about the font color...I just hate plain black font for some reason :lol:

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”