To Law Schools Care About Dropped Classes? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KG89

New

To Law Schools Care About Dropped Classes?

Post by KG89 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey guys, so I got into Michigan and plan to attend. But, I'm a senior in UG and am gonna have to drop a class to avoid a C. Do you guys think Michigan will care about a drop when they see my final transcripts? What are the chances they rescind my acceptance?

bhan87

Silver

Re: To Law Schools Care About Dropped Classes?

Post by bhan87 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 pm

KG89 wrote:Hey guys, so I got into Michigan and plan to attend. But, I'm a senior in UG and am gonna have to drop a class to avoid a C. Do you guys think Michigan will care about a drop when they see my final transcripts? What are the chances they rescind my acceptance?
If you can graduate without the class, DROP IT NOW! Withdraw > C any day if you have no other Ws on your transcript

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

bhan87 wrote:
KG89 wrote:Hey guys, so I got into Michigan and plan to attend. But, I'm a senior in UG and am gonna have to drop a class to avoid a C. Do you guys think Michigan will care about a drop when they see my final transcripts? What are the chances they rescind my acceptance?
If you can graduate without the class, DROP IT NOW! Withdraw > C any day if you have no other Ws on your transcript
I agree. Drop it like its hot asap. Especially if it isn't affecting your overall GPA in any adverse way

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

What if OP needs the class to graduate? Could OP take it over the summer, and still start law school at Michigan in the fall?

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:51 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:What if OP needs the class to graduate? Could OP take it over the summer, and still start law school at Michigan in the fall?
Yup. All that is required is that you complete your bachelors degree before matriculation. It does not matter whether you did 10 years, or the day before.

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Can you pass/fail the class? That's probably better than a W.

aspire2more

Bronze

Post by aspire2more » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

It's only February. There's no way to work with the professor to bring the grade up?

If there really isn't, I would just work as hard as possible to get the best grade you can. I wouldn't withdraw. My last semester of both HS and undergrad were my worst semesters because of the difficult classes I took, and having a B average semester GPA (because of a C) did not seem to hurt me.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”