CLEO AND SEO? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
yngblkgifted

Silver

CLEO AND SEO?

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Wanted to know if anyone is applying to CLEO and SEO? I have recently applied to SEO, but in case that doesn't work out, CLEO seems like a great opportunity.

Unrealistic hypothetical situation: What if I get into Cleo AND SEO? Is one allowed to withdraw from CLEO?

Edit: Also, do you all think it is worth the 25 bucks to apply to CLEO on the very last day? Does this severely affect my chances?

bk1

Diamond

Re: CLEO AND SEO?

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks but I am well aware of this thread and I am still having trouble finding the answer to my particular question.

I think I am just going to apply to Cleo and cross that bridge when and if I get there.

mez06

Bronze

Post by mez06 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:36 pm

FWIW, I was accepted and fully paid the 2k for the CLEO program. A couple of weeks latter, I get an invite for a SEO interview.

I'm not in at a T-14 so I don't know how true my chances are of snagging SEO. Regardless, I'm prepared to leave that 2K on the table if I get SEO.

SideNote: I don't have it like that (money wise). I do deem the earned wages + the future career boost of SEO to be greater than the remainding $$$ I might not be able to recoup from CLEO.

I haven't inquired as to if any of the 2k is refundable yet. If I am lucky to get to that point, I SURE AS HELL will though lol. It's a classic case of running two plans concurrently. I personally would rather have both offers on the table versus missing the CLEO deadline and having neither.

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Wanted to know if anyone is applying to CLEO and SEO? I have recently applied to SEO, but in case that doesn't work out, CLEO seems like a great opportunity.

Unrealistic hypothetical situation: What if I get into Cleo AND SEO? Is one allowed to withdraw from CLEO?

Edit: Also, do you all think it is worth the 25 bucks to apply to CLEO on the very last day? Does this severely affect my chances?
Definitely apply to CLEO! Worst case senario you get into both and have to decide. I'm not sure when CLEO would request the 2k or $500 but I'm sure you would have time enough to decide which is more feasible. Plus CLEO sent out emails yesterday reminding people to apply so theres obviously still spots available.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for the replies, I agree completely with the last two posters. I sent my CLEO information in this afternoon. And now the waiting and hoping begins!

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:14 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Thanks for the replies, I agree completely with the last two posters. I sent my CLEO information in this afternoon. And now the waiting and hoping begins!
Awesome. I hope you get in. I just sent my stuff in last week, and got an email a couple days ago saying my application was complete.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

I applied to CLEO and SEO.

I was accepted to CLEO last week :D , but was then informed that there were no more low income seats and that I'd have to pay the $2,000 :( . Hopefully I hear back from SEO soon.

I like the idea of CLEO, but idk about the $2,000

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:I applied to CLEO and SEO.

I was accepted to CLEO last week :D , but was then informed that there were no more low income seats and that I'd have to pay the $2,000 :( . Hopefully I hear back from SEO soon.

I like the idea of CLEO, but idk about the $2,000

Darn! That's unfortunate. When did they want the 2k?

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am

In the letter, it says that the deposit of $200 was due on the Feb 14th, and that the remaining balance is due in full by Feb 24th.

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 am

socraticmethodman wrote:In the letter, it says that the deposit of $200 was due on the Feb 14th, and that the remaining balance is due in full by Feb 24th.

WHAT? lol. Thats absolutely ridiculous.

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 am

CaseClosed wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:In the letter, it says that the deposit of $200 was due on the Feb 14th, and that the remaining balance is due in full by Feb 24th.

Ridiculous how? :?
Just curious what you mean as my CLEO deposits were due in January (was accepted at the end of December).

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

The above poster meant that it's ridiculous that they want the money so damn soon. I see where he is coming from, but you also got to see where CLEO is coming from too. I'm sure a lot of people will pay the deposit, but then will be unable to pay the rest come summer time which will handicap their program. So they want for sure/ED type candidates.

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Malcolm8X wrote:The above poster meant that it's ridiculous that they want the money so damn soon. I see where he is coming from, but you also got to see where CLEO is coming from too. I'm sure a lot of people will pay the deposit, but then will be unable to pay the rest come summer time which will handicap their program. So they want for sure/ED type candidates.
Thanks. :lol:

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Flett wrote:
CaseClosed wrote:

Ridiculous how? :?
Just curious what you mean as my CLEO deposits were due in January (was accepted at the end of December).

That is a lot of money to pay with only a two to four week notice. I can understand a deposit being due within two weeks but the entire 2k being paid is asking a bit much.

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes, I see what you mean when you put it like that. Personally, I'd been saving for CLEO since I applied in November (I knew I would likely attend if given the chance) and had the 2k ready to go. But you are very right about the the short notice. I had to forget about PLSI b/c the CLEO deposits were due long before I could even think about hearing from PLSI. It is what it is, I guess.

(Sorry for the off topic conversation btw :oops: )

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Bump. This is becoming more and more of a dilemma. Actually with no callback yet, it probably isn't going to be for me. How are people addressing the issue though? Paying the Cleo $2000 and then hoping to get SEO in which case SEO is he obvious winner? $2k is a lot to sink! Is ANY of it refundable??

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Anyone hear back yet? I submitted my app 2nd week of February, got a confirmation email the next week and I haven't heard anything since.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:22 pm

CaseClosed wrote:Anyone hear back yet? I submitted my app 2nd week of February, got a confirmation email the next week and I haven't heard anything since.
Same

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm thinking about calling.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I sent CLEO an email today letting them know that I will not be doing the program this summer. I'm praying for SEO, and even if I don't get it, I really can't afford CLEO. Hopefully one of you guys takes my spot!

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:I sent CLEO an email today letting them know that I will not be doing the program this summer. I'm praying for SEO, and even if I don't get it, I really can't afford CLEO. Hopefully one of you guys takes my spot!
+1

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Anyone hear anything yet? I'm still waiting and going to apply to AIE I guess just in case I don't get accepted.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”