LGBT Class of 2014

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
dot

Re: LGBT Class of 2014

Postby dot » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 am

neonx wrote:Hey LGBTers--any updates on the admissions front?

Anyone wanna be at Columbia or NYU ASW?

I will be at both.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm

i'll be at columbia! should we plan a gay tls meetup?

ExpectLess

Postby ExpectLess » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 am

dot wrote:
neonx wrote:Hey LGBTers--any updates on the admissions front?

Anyone wanna be at Columbia or NYU ASW?

I will be at both.

These things are being discussed in the TLS 2014 LGBT facebook group as well. :)

neonx

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:17 am

misterbingley wrote:i'll be at columbia! should we plan a gay tls meetup?

This sounds like a great idea.

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:43 am

neonx wrote:

:(

neonx

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm

subtle wrote:
neonx wrote:

:(

GETCHA MIND RIGHT. Don't be such a BITCH!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwL3TTGZYGI)

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:57 pm

neonx wrote:

that video made my night! i watched all of them immediately after

EDIT: for those who want to do a TLS meetup at Columbia this week, PM me and I can try to organize something

neonx

Postby neonx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 pm

misterbingley wrote:
neonx wrote:

EDIT: for those who want to do a TLS meetup at Columbia this week, PM me and I can try to organize something

You know I'm into it.

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:07 am

neonx wrote:
misterbingley wrote:
neonx wrote:

You know I'm into it.

Don't be such a ho. Be sympathetic to those of us who can't come. Also, I expect you to tell me all about it. :)

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:07 am

Not to reinforce any stereotypes... but has anyone checked out the entire Britney album (Femme Fatale) yet? I'm in love!

Especially this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=760bkcZ8rb0

plurilingue

Postby plurilingue » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 am

Last edited by plurilingue on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:47 pm

plurilingue wrote:Still held at Columbia, otherwise I'd be there. By chance, I'm going to be in Manhattan this weekend, visiting my brother and some Parisienne friends in the city. So barring any "favorable action" from Columbia...hehe.

Anyway, have fun, kids! Hit me up if you're going out in the evening.

Also, neonx, did you learn about Disappointing Gay Best Friend from this piece on Salon.com?: --LinkRemoved--

Haha, actually, it emerged on my tumblr, and I was instantly obsessed.

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

If you're attending either/both admitted students days this weekend
in Manhattan and might be interested in a TLS meet-up, please
fill out this quick survey. This is so last minute, but I figured there
might be interested people.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

awesome! i need to learn how to do these forms

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

So, here's an update: 32 (wow!) of you guys signed up to meet-up this week in the Big Apple.
I am in the process of making arrangements so that we can all meet on Thursday.
I will be sending a private PM to those who RSVP'd tonight, so be on look.
If you don't get the message, or didn't sign up until much later, send me a PM
and I will happily text you all of the details.

dot

Postby dot » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am

Any gays in NYC this weekend wanna go out dancing on Saturday night? I obviously prefer something with an adequate mix of women in there, if such a thing exists, or a primarily female event (if mixed isn't on the menu).

forward

Postby forward » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am

dot wrote:Any gays in NYC this weekend wanna go out dancing on Saturday night? I obviously prefer something with an adequate mix of women in there, if such a thing exists, or a primarily female event (if mixed isn't on the menu).

I'm a guy, and I'd be down.

My flight to LGA takes off in 20 minutes! :)

neonx

Postby neonx » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:04 am

dot wrote:Any gays in NYC this weekend wanna go out dancing on Saturday night? I obviously prefer something with an adequate mix of women in there, if such a thing exists, or a primarily female event (if mixed isn't on the menu).

Haha, I'd probably wall-flower it up, but I'd love to check it out. I'll PM you my number -- though I am certain we've already met.

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Just wanted to post my 2 cents - I just finished with Michigan ASW and had brunch with the OutLaws group today and they are a fun and energetic group and it definitely seems like there is a significant gay presence (apparently the president of the student senate is gay too). A very welcoming place for the LGBT community.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:43 pm

er doctor wrote:Just wanted to post my 2 cents - I just finished with Michigan ASW and had brunch with the OutLaws group today and they are a fun and energetic group and it definitely seems like there is a significant gay presence (apparently the president of the student senate is gay too). A very welcoming place for the LGBT community.

I 100% agree, having just gotten back home from the Michigan ASW. The Outlaws (and students in general) are super friendly and active, and from the folks I talked to, the administration is more than willing to work with them to make Michigan a queer friendly place. Several folks also told me Dean Z totally wants to make Michigan the queerest law school around, which I really do believe having seen all of the queer admits and current students!

I went to Aut Bar with a bunch of outlaws Thursday night and had a grrreat time (though getting back to the hotel at 3am probably was not the smartest move). People were very upfront about both the positives and negatives of michigan as well as law school in general. I talked to a bunch of folks about my financial dilemma, since I had a bunch of money from Texas and no money from Michigan. People were candid and said I should think seriously before turning down money at Texas. The next day at dinner, Dean Z (aka my secret girlfriend, I don't care that she's married to a guy and has kids) came up to me and said "The students here think you're great! Several of them told me you have money at Texas, and while we won't be able to match it, we will certainly see what we can work out and let you know early next week." That sealed the deal and I'm officially Michigan class of 2014. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
er doctor wrote:Just wanted to post my 2 cents - I just finished with Michigan ASW and had brunch with the OutLaws group today and they are a fun and energetic group and it definitely seems like there is a significant gay presence (apparently the president of the student senate is gay too). A very welcoming place for the LGBT community.

I 100% agree, having just gotten back home from the Michigan ASW. The Outlaws (and students in general) are super friendly and active, and from the folks I talked to, the administration is more than willing to work with them to make Michigan a queer friendly place. Several folks also told me Dean Z totally wants to make Michigan the queerest law school around, which I really do believe having seen all of the queer admits and current students!

I went to Aut Bar with a bunch of outlaws Thursday night and had a grrreat time (though getting back to the hotel at 3am probably was not the smartest move). People were very upfront about both the positives and negatives of michigan as well as law school in general. I talked to a bunch of folks about my financial dilemma, since I had a bunch of money from Texas and no money from Michigan. People were candid and said I should think seriously before turning down money at Texas. The next day at dinner, Dean Z (aka my secret girlfriend, I don't care that she's married to a guy and has kids) came up to me and said "The students here think you're great! Several of them told me you have money at Texas, and while we won't be able to match it, we will certainly see what we can work out and let you know early next week." That sealed the deal and I'm officially Michigan class of 2014. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's awesome! I don't think we met this weekend but hopefully next year!

The night of the reception Dean Z was upset because the ACLU is fighting to stop some Michigan high schools from blocking gay websites on school computers and they didn't ask U of M for help. She definitely wants to make U of M the forefront of LGBT legal issues.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forward

Postby forward » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Officially leaning NYU.

legallyb

Postby legallyb » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm gay and most likely leaning toward Seton Hall... I wanted to go to a more prestigiously academic school, but I'm graduating a year early (I'm only 20) and didn't have time to focus on the LSAT really. I'm thinking maybe transferring though from wherever I go this year to a stronger school. Thoughts? I'm a 161/3.99

aspire2more

Postby aspire2more » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Since you really don't want Seton Hall, have you considered taking a year off and applying next cycle after retaking the LSAT? Transferring isn't out of the question, but supposedly it's much more difficult to transfer up than to reapply.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”