LGBT Class of 2014 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
applepiecrust

Bronze

Re: LGBT Class of 2014

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Created: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 4428509352

Just request to join (and PM me if you want to be an admin).

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Nice work

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes! This is great! I love that this accessible to all who want to join.

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
forward wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:Have any of the Michigan admitted students been contacted by the Outlaws or other LGBT students at all?
I have been. He's great - we've traded a number of emails. I'm impressed by the UM Outlaws. They definitely have their shit together.
Loved their website. Why have I not gotten any love? Did they forget I am queer as a three dollar bill, and brought it up on my resume, PS, DS and LSAC credentials?

It's super strange that no one contacted you from UM. They are in love with the homos at that school, it's so awesome! You should just send Dean Z a message and ask her to connect you with someone. She offered to do this for me a few months ago before the mass mailings to LGBT identified admits went out and it worked out really well. If only A2 was in a bigger city I think they would have had me sold!

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 pm

wackyjack22 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
forward wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:Have any of the Michigan admitted students been contacted by the Outlaws or other LGBT students at all?
I have been. He's great - we've traded a number of emails. I'm impressed by the UM Outlaws. They definitely have their shit together.
Loved their website. Why have I not gotten any love? Did they forget I am queer as a three dollar bill, and brought it up on my resume, PS, DS and LSAC credentials?

It's super strange that no one contacted you from UM. They are in love with the homos at that school, it's so awesome! You should just send Dean Z a message and ask her to connect you with someone. She offered to do this for me a few months ago before the mass mailings to LGBT identified admits went out and it worked out really well. If only A2 was in a bigger city I think they would have had me sold!
Heh, I did, when she sent out the mass mailing to LGBT identified admits (I also said that I'd like to speak with other Hoyas and with other intl students). None of that happened. I wonder if it might be because I already turned in my deposit? (ED admit)

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Question about the FB group: Would you prefer the group be secret?
PM me your preferences!

dot

Bronze

Post by dot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Haha, that facebook group is like a double outing (in terms of gayness and also identity on TLS/in admissions cycle)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:18 pm

dot wrote:Haha, that facebook group is like a double outing (in terms of gayness and also identity on TLS/in admissions cycle)
yep. i already admitted i was the one who started the TLS group. i don't really mind if anyone on TLS knows who i am IRL, as long as they have no bearing on my admissions cycle

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Ok, group is now secret.
PM me if you would like to join.

No more double outings. Only TLS--> FB outing, heh.

/How do secret groups work? Will I have to add everyone who wants to join as a FB friend first to be able to send them the invite?

misterbingley

Bronze

Post by misterbingley » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 pm

so the difference between this group and the top (and bottom) law school gays fb group is that this one is exclusively for the class of 2014?

i dont know if we'll have enough members to sustain a group. perhaps we should just meld with the existing one.

and yes, for secret groups, the admin must be friends with a person before they can be invited.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:29 am

misterbingley wrote:so the difference between this group and the top (and bottom) law school gays fb group is that this one is exclusively for the class of 2014?

i dont know if we'll have enough members to sustain a group. perhaps we should just meld with the existing one.

and yes, for secret groups, the admin must be friends with a person before they can be invited.
And the ratio of male to female (I think the little 2014 group already has more women than the 4x bigger TLS gays general group) :p

We'll play it by ear. If it dies a sad slow death, then so be it.

Paulina, could you include a mention of the group in the OP?

misterbingley

Bronze

Post by misterbingley » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 pm

so.....what'd you all think of the glee episode last night?

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

misterbingley wrote:so.....what'd you all think of the glee episode last night?
meh. it was ok. it had its funny moments.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 am

Glee's been a bummer so far this (half) season. Haven't watched the new episode yet. Favorite Glee episode? (Wheels, probably).

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

I really *want* to like Glee, but it just hasn't delivered. Of course, even suggesting that is blasphemy in some circles.

misterbingley

Bronze

Post by misterbingley » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 am

THIS CIRCLE! plotwise, glee sucks. but i love the numbers

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 am

misterbingley wrote:THIS CIRCLE! plotwise, glee sucks. but i love the numbers
Then just watch the music videos on Youtube. Saves a lot of time. 8)

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 am

This season has been a BIG disappointment compared to last year. But I'm gonna keep on watching till I see Kurt and Blaine swap spit.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 am

er doctor wrote:
This season has been a BIG disappointment compared to last year. But I'm gonna keep on watching till I see Kurt and Blaine swap spit.
What was Rachel wearing this episode? (Look what you've done now; I'll probably end up being annoying with my Glee comments as I catch up on the episode without my residents/friends around.)

And why can't Brittana be real? (Please, Ryan Murphy?)

PS OMG, great discussion of bisexuality/biphobia within the LG community.
(Except for my great gay friend cheering along Kurt's every biphobic comment, heh.)
Last edited by applepiecrust on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am

applepiecrust wrote:
er doctor wrote:
What was Rachel wearing this episode? (Look what you've done now; I'll probably end up being annoying with my Glee comments as I catch up on the episode without my residents/friends around.)

And now that Puck has slept with every female on the show, is it time for PuckleFinn?

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:52 am

er doctor wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
er doctor wrote:

And now that Puck has slept with every female on the show, is it time for PuckleFinn?
Or Puck/Sam. I'd love to watch both of those (what kind of gay female am I, anyway?)

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:56 am

/while we're talking of DOMA and marriage equality (Were we talking about that, actually?)
this old Colbert/Boies clip is great:

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/12/watch- ... boies.html

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:06 am

applepiecrust wrote:/while we're talking of DOMA and marriage equality (Were we talking about that, actually?)
this old Colbert/Boies clip is great:

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/12/watch- ... boies.html
Hahaha. Thanks for that. Colbert was brilliant, as usual.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 am

Um, it was sort of amazing. I am all up on Darren Criss when he's out of his suit -- those skinny jeans and that cardigan were doing things to me.

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
er doctor wrote:

PS OMG, great discussion of bisexuality/biphobia within the LG community.
(Except for my great gay friend cheering along Kurt's every biphobic comment, heh.)
This is going to sound pretty lame but I was traveling for work last week and missed SO much TV...this rainy weekend in SF will be dedicated to catching up. Also...woah now, Brittana is totally real, just give it time... I think their arc is supposed to start within the next 4 or 5 episodes.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”