URM needs help with final decision!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Buffalo Bill

URM needs help with final decision!

Postby Buffalo Bill » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to bounce my thoughts off the TLS community. I am a URM(MA) with 167 and 3.3. So far in at a lower T-14 at full price. It looks like I am destined for waitlists at NYU(ed'd and got deferred) and Columbia(just got held the other day.) Lately I have been thinking that maybe I should take the year off and re-take the LSAT. If I could just bump up to at least a 170, it would seem like I could get into at least NYU? I am 24 now so it's not like 1 more year will kill me. I have a good job too that pays well. Or do people think I should just go to the lower T-14 school since I am most likely going to be paying sticker anywhere. Want big law, big city(NYC preferably.) What would you do? Do I need to get higher then 170? Thanks!

Re: URM needs help with final decision!

Postby youngblood » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

If you don't have a problem waiting a year then you should. It gives you more time to save money and prepare. Time is money my friend. :D

Postby KMaine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Yeah, it seems like waiting a year is a great option for you. That 170 may get you some money at the lower t-14 or give you a better shot at some of your reach schools. If you think you have the time and energy to dedicate to LSAT prep, I don't think you have much to lose.

Postby BlakcMajikc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 am

Wait... and really hone in even more on those apps. a 170 even with a 3.3 in the right application package could get you serious money from the T-14

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”