Cross-posting from Chances: 159/3.33 Mexican

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
mexicanwa

Cross-posting from Chances: 159/3.33 Mexican

Postby mexicanwa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm

So basically I was PT'ing in the mid 160's very consistently, but a combination of one of the reading comprehension passages and the stained glass windows resulted in a less than favorable December LSAT.

LSAT: 159
GPA: 3.33 (3.56) Extreme upward trend
Major: Management Operations
URM: Mexican
Softs: Lots of community service, very little work experience
Great letters of recommendation and a pretty good Diversity Statement

I have applied to the following schools, and I desperately need a little reassurance that I will at least get into one of them so I can sleep at night (I am not kidding). I applied to all the T14's that I got fee waivers to but I know what everyone will say already. Thanks in advance!

American
Arizona
Boston College
Boston University
George Mason
Illinois
Vanderbilt
University of Washington
Washington and Lee
Washington University
William and Mary

bk1

Re: Cross-posting from Chances: 159/3.33 Mexican

Postby bk1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

mexicanwa wrote:I have applied to the following schools, and I desperately need a little reassurance that I will at least get into one of them so I can sleep at night (I am not kidding).

I'd recommend hedging your bets by retaking and reapplying early next cycle.

Horchata

Postby Horchata » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:40 pm

mexicanwa wrote:So basically I was PT'ing in the mid 160's very consistently, but a combination of one of the reading comprehension passages and the stained glass windows resulted in a less than favorable December LSAT.

I have applied to the following schools, and I desperately need a little reassurance that I will at least get into one of them so I can sleep at night (I am not kidding). I applied to all the T14's that I got fee waivers to but I know what everyone will say already. Thanks in advance!

American
Arizona
Boston College
Boston University probably not
George Mason
Illinois
Vanderbilt no
University of Washington
Washington and Lee
Washington University
William and Mary

I would say you wouldn't get flat out rejected at the ones I didn't mark. If you don't plan on retaking or holding off a year to get your GPA up, then make sure your PS and DS are very good. You can send me them if you like. Suerte

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm

I happen to think you'll get into a number of those schools. Though later in the cycle does make it harder, I am learning this firsthand.

Also, sent you a PM.

elm84dr

Postby elm84dr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am

Horchata wrote:
mexicanwa wrote:So basically I was PT'ing in the mid 160's very consistently, but a combination of one of the reading comprehension passages and the stained glass windows resulted in a less than favorable December LSAT.

American
Arizona
Boston College
George Mason
Illinois
Vanderbilt no
University of Washington
Washington and Lee
Washington University
William and Mary

I would say you wouldn't get flat out rejected at the ones I didn't mark. If you don't plan on retaking or holding off a year to get your GPA up, then make sure your PS and DS are very good. You can send me them if you like. Suerte

So I am a non-URM Latino I guess (Dominican) and I got into BC, BU, Fordham and waitlisted at Vandy with a 160, 3.3. SO I would say you do have a shot at least.

Postby 174 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

Retake. Get that up to a 165 and you are looking at a lot of scholarship money, plus a better shot at the T14.

mexicanwa

Postby mexicanwa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

elm84dr wrote:
Horchata wrote:

American
Arizona
Boston College
George Mason
Illinois
Vanderbilt no
University of Washington
Washington and Lee
Washington University
William and Mary

So I am a non-URM Latino I guess (Dominican) and I got into BC, BU, Fordham and waitlisted at Vandy with a 160, 3.3. SO I would say you do have a shot at least.

That is comforting to hear, I hope I have similar success

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”