URMs scoring 160 or above

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: URMs scoring 160 or above

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:The hell just happened?


1. Black chick (we presume) makes a URM thread regarding LSAT prep
2. Minorities post to said thread because they're interested
3. Several posters, some minorities, some not, question why such thread exists
4. OP defends creation of the thread and outs the true identify of batman... I mean one of the mods who questioned the thread's creation
5. Said mod bans OP for outing them
6. ???
7. Profit
8. 5th base



lol great post. just about summed up the whole thread.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: URMs scoring 160 or above

Postby SherlockHolmes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:The hell just happened?


1. Black chick (we presume) makes a URM thread regarding LSAT prep
2. Minorities post to said thread because they're interested
3. Several posters, some minorities, some not, question why such thread exists
4. OP defends creation of the thread and outs the true identify of batman... I mean one of the mods who questioned the thread's creation
5. Said mod bans OP for outing them
6. ???
7. Profit
8. 5th base


+1
Hahaha, this is fantastic.

Reincarnate
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 am

Re: URMs scoring 160 or above

Postby Reincarnate » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:EbonyEsq - you are banned for outing my REAL NAME.

I sincerely hope that no one on this thread decided to tell others of my true identity. I've never PMed this poster, nor shared any personal information with her and yet she knows my IRL name. Please respect the privacy of others, even if you have terrible reasoning skills.


Image

zOMG!! I've outted your real name??? The sky is falling!! Ahhhh!!! --ImageRemoved--

Privacy, you say? There is NO such thing in the internet world, especially when a person chooses to out themselves by providing personal info on the forums, be that in the form of PMs amongst those they consider friends OR on the public forum. I didn't out your real name. You did. You provided the information and I connected the dots. Anyone can easily find out who you really are.

The fact that I've been permanently banned because sh*t just got real for you is beyond ludicrous. And of course you have reason to hide your real name. You present yourself as something and someone that you're not IRL. Revealing your true identity would ruin your online image. And now you're talking to folks who saw your real name like if they are some little kids...

"I sincerely hope that no one on this thread decided to tell others of my true identity"

...cry me a damn river. --ImageRemoved--


But seeing how you have decided to not give me access to my profile to ask the below question, I will do so here:

In which of the below categories does "outing a moderator's name" fall to warrant not only banning but permanent banning at that?

TLS' Terms of Use

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.


Let me guess, it falls under "any other material that may violate any applicable laws"?? Which laws? How does outing a moderator's name violate a rule or any "applicable laws" that was not made clear from the jump?

Oh, let me guess, I just cannot under any circumstances out YOUR name because you're just so special like that? In that case, no worries. Go right ahead and flex those moderator muscles. But I do thank you for allowing to keep this informative thread open despite getting your panties in a bunch and issuing a ban on my name.

And for those members that I've been in correspondence with: I do not have access to my former inbox and also expect my current username to get the clank so I want to take this time to thank all of you for your advice and where applicable, your friendship. I hope to find a way to keep in touch with many of you and maybe in another life join TLS when I apply later this year!

Good luck, ya'll! :wink:

Drake014 wrote:1. Black chick (we presume) makes a URM thread regarding LSAT prep
2. Minorities post to said thread because they're interested
3. Several posters, some minorities, some not, question why such thread exists
4. OP defends creation of the thread and outs the true identify of batman... I mean one of the mods who questioned the thread's creation
5. Said mod bans OP for outing them
6. ???
7. Profit
8. 5th base


--ImageRemoved--

LOL @ batman. Good one. And yeah, I'm a black chick.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: URMs scoring 160 or above

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 am

Outing any poster will result in severe pwnage. End of story. See #7 on this list: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132921#p3507257

FTR, Gaia originally only placed a 7-day ban. Mod team extended it to reflect our no-outing policy. The fact that OP immediately alted and posted to complain and say goodbye tells me they had no interest in finding out what the rules were or following them.

Thread closed for ridiculousness.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests