False Hopes

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Bildungsroman

Re: False Hopes

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:30 pm

tooswolle wrote:I agree with this not going in to a debate about the merits of AA. My question dealt with the perceptions of minority students on schools and whether they live up to their "comitment to diversity" anecdotally I've seen schools list from 16-24% minority enrollment which are comprised of groups which are not traditionally considered urms (like Asians etc.) so in those respect this is to get a general feel. Frankly my view is that they don't do enough when they say they do. If this question doesn't follow the forum rules it should be closed, but from what I've seen it doesn't so let's just keep things to the original question.

You're confusing the concept of "minority" and "URM". Do you think that it's only legitimate to list under diversity numbers those groups which are considered URMs, even though not all minorities are considered URMs? Do only URMs contribute to racial/ethnic diversity?

capn aa

Re: False Hopes

Postby capn aa » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
NZA wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
tooswolle wrote:Although law schools don't state that their diversity goals are to create equity in our system.

link?

Why would you ask someone for a link to something that they claim doesn't exist?

He didn't say it doesn't exist. He said they don't state it.
Kohinoor wrote:
NZA wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
tooswolle wrote:Although law schools don't state that their diversity goals are to create equity in our system.

link?

Why would you ask someone for a link to something that they claim doesn't exist?

He didn't say it doesn't exist. He said they don't state it.

/thread

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”