Any URMs in NYC interested in FREE LSAT tutoring/seminars?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
ScarryBakhtin

Any URMs in NYC interested in FREE LSAT tutoring/seminars?

Postby ScarryBakhtin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Thread title says it all. My friends and I are trying to figure out what sort of demand there would be for free tutoring/seminars among URMs in NYC. Specifically, in the Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood areas. If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details. Yes, this is real; yes, this is really free.

EbonyEsq

Re: Any URMs in NYC interested in FREE LSAT tutoring/seminars?

Postby EbonyEsq » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 pm

What's the catch, buddy ?

ScarryBakhtin

Postby ScarryBakhtin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

There actually isn't any. A few of my friends and I, all of whom work together tutoring, realize how much we learn from tutoring. But, when you tutor for a prep company, you rarely, if ever, get to spend much time dealing with specific students' weaknesses. Also, prep companies charge a fortune; most of my friends and I are lucky enough to be brought up with money and time to spare. I tutor literacy and writing for free, why shouldn't I tutor the LSAT? URMs are in an especially advantageous position to gain, they get a boost for admissions, but not always lucky enough to have the cash to shell out.

TwelveBeeSicks

Postby TwelveBeeSicks » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Wow! I applaud you for this effort, sir. Please post stats on how your students do and how they improve when you have some.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”