Are you all submitting a DS for every application? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ash8309

Bronze

Are you all submitting a DS for every application?

Post by ash8309 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:21 pm

I have been submitting a DS for every application, even if the app says nothing about additional documents. Now I'm second-guessing this and thinking I shouldn't unless they give the "feel free to submit any additional document" talk. What are you guys doing?

Fresh

Silver

Re: Are you all submitting a DS for every application?

Post by Fresh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:41 pm

ash8309 wrote:I have been submitting a DS for every application, even if the app says nothing about additional documents. Now I'm second-guessing this and thinking I shouldn't unless they give the "feel free to submit any additional document" talk. What are you guys doing?
I did. The admissions process is very different for us, and I doubt they'll hold anything against you that betters their understanding of you as an applicant. If they really don't appreciate the extra info, they will probably just skip over the page of the application that says "Diversity Addendum/Statement" at the top. Good luck

ash8309

Bronze

Post by ash8309 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks!

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Fresh wrote:
ash8309 wrote:I have been submitting a DS for every application, even if the app says nothing about additional documents. Now I'm second-guessing this and thinking I shouldn't unless they give the "feel free to submit any additional document" talk. What are you guys doing?
I did. The admissions process is very different for us, and I doubt they'll hold anything against you that betters their understanding of you as an applicant. If they really don't appreciate the extra info, they will probably just skip over the page of the application that says "Diversity Addendum/Statement" at the top. Good luck

I did this as well. Just make sure if a school specifically asks for one, you follow their guidelines. i.e. GW makes you cut it down to 300 words.

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I did, for schools not specifically asking I would call their adcomm and ask, or I would mold it into one of their optional essays.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”