Gay Black Male w/a 153/3.2...My Chances

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Phaeton

Gay Black Male w/a 153/3.2...My Chances

Postby Phaeton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey Guys, Im applying for fall admission 2011 and I just wanted to get some feedback on some of the schools I applied to/and planning on applying to. As stated in the title, im a 21 year old Gay AA Male TX Resident, who finished Undergrad within the three years, with a Double major in Poli Sci/History. I know my numbers are pretty average, but with all my softs included, do you think I might have a shot getting in.

I sent off my first wave of applications off by November 15th and so far my results have been mixed(In a Michigan State, Waitlisted at Hofstra, Denied at Depaul and Miami) and im currently waiting to hear back from Cardozo, Stetson, Catholic, Penn State, Howard, NYLS and Northeastern. Ill be getting my fa refund in by the 15th, so im kinda torn whether I should send more apps the twelve other schools that showed remote interest in me(Berkely, UCLA, UMinn, UWisconsin, UKansas, UKentucky, Marquette, Chicago-Kent, McGeorge, Quinnipiac etc) so right now Im just trying to play the prestige(As in ranking) and Money game

Strechiest of Strech Schools

UC Berkely: They sent me an Interest Letter like on December 15th, but it didn't include a fee waiver. So might they look at more application in a more serious light.

UCLA: I recieved a mailing from their BLSA Mid-november, So might that be enough to get them to open my file?

Fordham: I really, really, really want to goto Law School somewhere in NYC, and Fordham is a little better closer to my range than the big NY Three(Columbia, NYU and Cornell). I have an application under review at Cardozo(Fee Waiver) been complete since 11/24, so should I just wait to hear back from them before sending that one out

All the rest of my choices are Fee Waiver schools, so im going to apply to them anyways. But if there any other top schools that I might have a decent shot at squeezing by in please let me know.

Fresh

Re: Gay Black Male w/a 153/3.2...My Chances

Postby Fresh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Phaeton wrote:Fordham: I really, really, really want to goto Law School somewhere in NYC, and Fordham is a little better closer to my range than the big NY Three(Columbia, NYU and Cornell). I have an application under review at Cardozo(Fee Waiver) been complete since 11/24, so should I just wait to hear back from them before sending that one out

Apply to Fordham for sure. It might be very difficult to get in, but it'd be great if you did. Make sure your application is tight and see what happens. Try not to wait any longer than this week though, since it's getting so late in the game

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Go and apply this cycle, see what happens. But bro, that LSAT is low, I would strongly suggest a retake. AA's usually get around an 8 point LSAT boost (looking at LSNumbers), but if you think about it a 3.2/161 for a white guy still wouldn't get you into Fordham. Retake and bump that LSAT up to 160 or so, you will be in Fordham easy. Good luck.

M&A621

Postby M&A621 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:31 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:Go and apply this cycle, see what happens. But bro, that LSAT is low, I would strongly suggest a retake. AA's usually get around an 8 point LSAT boost (looking at LSNumbers), but if you think about it a 3.2/161 for a white guy still wouldn't get you into Fordham. Retake and bump that LSAT up to 160 or so, you will be in Fordham easy. Good luck.

+1

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”