scholarship money?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
quetzal_bird

scholarship money?

Postby quetzal_bird » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 am

Hey all,

I'm starting to fill out FAFSA and I am still waiting on decisions, but I was hoping some Mexican American or Puerto Rican URMs could fill me in with some scholarship information. I applied in late November, and I know some of my schools are reaches and I can't expect anything, but I was wondering if anyone with experience could give me some guesses for money from the lower 14 down. Trying to decide if I should send any late applications out for $$$. LSN hasn't been too helpful, thanks in advance

165/3.87/MA female

Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
NYU
UPenn
UVA (in-state)
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown
UTexas
Boston University - accepted - don't have aid info yet

spacepenguin

Re: scholarship money?

Postby spacepenguin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 am

I received $120K from UIUC. It's free to apply and we have very similar numbers, so I'd say at least apply there

M&A621

Postby M&A621 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm

quetzal_bird wrote:Hey all,

I'm starting to fill out FAFSA and I am still waiting on decisions, but I was hoping some Mexican American or Puerto Rican URMs could fill me in with some scholarship information. I applied in late November, and I know some of my schools are reaches and I can't expect anything, but I was wondering if anyone with experience could give me some guesses for money from the lower 14 down. Trying to decide if I should send any late applications out for $$$. LSN hasn't been too helpful, thanks in advance

165/3.87/MA female

Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
NYU
UPenn
UVA (in-state)
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown
UTexas
Boston University - accepted - don't have aid info yet

I don't see HYS offering any scholarships because of your LSAT score. CCN probably not (though Columbia may surprise you, if you are URM and have nice softs/PS/DS). I would say your best bet would be UVA, Cornell, and Georgetown (UVA almost a sure thing).

quetzal_bird

Postby quetzal_bird » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 pm

thanks for responding!

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

M&A621 wrote: I don't see HYS offering any scholarships because of your LSAT score.

HYS doesn't give merit-based scholarships, it's all need-based, so LSAT score won't have anything to do with the award amount...

M&A621

Postby M&A621 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:42 pm

eskimo wrote:
M&A621 wrote: I don't see HYS offering any scholarships because of your LSAT score.

HYS doesn't give merit-based scholarships, it's all need-based, so LSAT score won't have anything to do with the award amount...

True. My mistake.

quetzal_bird

Postby quetzal_bird » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah, I assumed as much about HYS and I also don't expect anything from CCN, including acceptances

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”