AA Male - 162 Chance me!

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby JustE » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
JustE wrote:UPDATE: IN AT MICHIGAN!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!


congrats :D


Thanks! Out grabbing a drink. Still I shock. A HUGE thanks to you all.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 pm

In at Northwestern!!! :lol:

....this shit's crazy. :lol:

User avatar
FratLaw
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby FratLaw » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

LLB2JD wrote:OP, do not listen to this person. This poster knows nothing of which he speaks. I'll suggest that you apply from CCN down.
dpk711 wrote:Duke (no shot)
UGA (no shot)
Vandy (no shot)
UVA (no shot)
UNC (shot)
NU (no shot)


This!!!

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby AS33 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I hope dpk still lurks on tls and comes across this..

Jae
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby Jae » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:10 pm

JustE wrote:In at Northwestern!!! :lol:

....this shit's crazy. :lol:



Congrats man!! I just read the entire thread for the first time. Glad your hard work paid off. I'll be in a similar situation as you next fall. Look forward to hearing about more acceptances.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Jae wrote:
JustE wrote:In at Northwestern!!! :lol:

....this shit's crazy. :lol:



Congrats man!! I just read the entire thread for the first time. Glad your hard work paid off. I'll be in a similar situation as you next fall. Look forward to hearing about more acceptances.


THANKS!!! Hopefully I'll have good news soon!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:54 am

One more question. I applied to all of the T-14 minus the T3, Georgetown, & Berkley. I have no plan to apply to the T3, but should I shoot a hail mary at GT and UCB? Judging from miracle2011's LSN profile, it looks like I'm missing out on possible scholarship leverage. I doubt I would attend, but who knows. If I got them in before the new year, would it be too late to hope for $$$?

Thanks!

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

JustE wrote:One more question. I applied to all of the T-14 minus the T3, Georgetown, & Berkley. I have no plan to apply to the T3, but should I shoot a hail mary at GT and UCB? Judging from miracle2011's LSN profile, it looks like I'm missing out on possible scholarship leverage. I doubt I would attend, but who knows. If I got them in before the new year, would it be too late to hope for $$$?

Thanks!


Apply everywhere --- leverage at G and B would be good to have down the line. You are still in the running for scholly dollars even with an app by mid-Jan. (sidenote, no T3??? I would throw apps at HYS, but especially H)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
JustE wrote:One more question. I applied to all of the T-14 minus the T3, Georgetown, & Berkley. I have no plan to apply to the T3, but should I shoot a hail mary at GT and UCB? Judging from miracle2011's LSN profile, it looks like I'm missing out on possible scholarship leverage. I doubt I would attend, but who knows. If I got them in before the new year, would it be too late to hope for $$$?

Thanks!


Apply everywhere --- leverage at G and B would be good to have down the line. You are still in the running for scholly dollars even with an app by mid-Jan. (sidenote, no T3??? I would throw apps at HYS, but especially H)


H? Any shot in hell?

I'm pretty sure Y and S are out... Don't want to spend another $500 in apps... Especially if I'm not likely to get into 3 of them...

ETA: Sorry for the pessimism... Just trying to be realistic... I'm almost sold on Michigan's summer start... I would lose my mind if I had to enroll while on a HYS waitlist....

User avatar
plaiseadieu
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: AA Male - 162 - Where to apply?

Postby plaiseadieu » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:08 pm

dpk711 wrote:
egirarde wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:OP, do not listen to this person. This poster knows nothing of which he speaks. I'll suggest that you apply from CCN down.
dpk711 wrote:Duke (no shot)
UGA (no shot)
Vandy (no shot)
UVA (no shot)
UNC (shot)
NU (no shot)



Will do. Thank you for all of the advice, guys!!!


Prepare to be disappointed if you apply to the t-14, the best thing you may hope for are some WLs...


@ dpk711: FYI, I got accepted to Michigan for this cycle with a 3.4/161. Anything is possible!

User avatar
GirlStop
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 am

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby GirlStop » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Congrats OP!!! You give me much needed motivation!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:52 pm

GirlStop wrote:Congrats OP!!! You give me much needed motivation!


Thank you!

BlakcMajikc, thanks for the PM. I'm filling out a few more apps now. Decided to roll the dice.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:46 pm

JustE wrote:Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

HOOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIT CONGRATS!!! I guess there's no chance of you coming to NU now is there ): Bro, I hope you get into Hahvahd!!! (Come to NU ASW anyway!!)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

HOOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIT CONGRATS!!! I guess there's no chance of you coming to NU now is there ): Bro, I hope you get into Hahvahd!!! (Come to NU ASW anyway!!)


Starting to regret not sending in the hail mary to H now. Maybe I'll send the one I prepared tonight...

I think I'm def still coming to ASW. I already see a few scheduling conflicts, but more than likely, I'll be there!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

HOOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIT CONGRATS!!! I guess there's no chance of you coming to NU now is there ): Bro, I hope you get into Hahvahd!!! (Come to NU ASW anyway!!)


Starting to regret not sending in the hail mary to H now. Maybe I'll send the one I prepared tonight...

I think I'm def still coming to ASW. I already see a few scheduling conflicts, but more than likely, I'll be there!

What, you didn't send it? Send it now, what do you have to lose? Worst comes to worst you're out 100 bucks but youre still in at fuckin NYU!!! I'm so jelly!

Also, I will be SO SAD if you don't come to ASW ):

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
JustE wrote:Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

HOOLYYYYYYYYYY SHIT CONGRATS!!! I guess there's no chance of you coming to NU now is there ): Bro, I hope you get into Hahvahd!!! (Come to NU ASW anyway!!)


Starting to regret not sending in the hail mary to H now. Maybe I'll send the one I prepared tonight...

I think I'm def still coming to ASW. I already see a few scheduling conflicts, but more than likely, I'll be there!

What, you didn't send it? Send it now, what do you have to lose? Worst comes to worst you're out 100 bucks but youre still in at fuckin NYU!!! I'm so jelly!

Also, I will be SO SAD if you don't come to ASW ):


Yeah... You guys got me through the LSAT. So I owe most of it to you and the other splitter friends. I'll do my best to make it up there! Guess I'll send of a last min app tonight. Thanks again!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

JustE wrote:Yeah... You guys got me through the LSAT. So I owe most of it to you and the other splitter friends. I'll do my best to make it up there! Guess I'll send of a last min app tonight. Thanks again!

Doo it. I'm 100% sure you won't regret it. This way, at least you'll never wonder 'what if'. ^_^

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby BlakcMajikc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

JustE wrote:Starting to regret not sending in the hail mary to H now. Maybe I'll send the one I prepared tonight...


I feel hurt you didn't listen to my advice ;) jk
But, in all seriousness send the app to H.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
JustE wrote:Starting to regret not sending in the hail mary to H now. Maybe I'll send the one I prepared tonight...


I feel hurt you didn't listen to my advice ;) jk
But, in all seriousness send the app to H.


LOL. Yeah... About that... :lol:

I'll do it. I feel like an idiot for not sending it in with the rest of my apps in Nov... We'll see what happens. Thanks, guys!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby Samara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:49 pm

JustE wrote:Update: In at NYU.

^ That shit's nuts.

Wow, dude, that's so awesome! Congrats!!!!!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 am

WL @ UVA. $90k @ Emory. Still waiting to hear back from 9 or 10 places. Will start negotiating next month.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JustE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 pm

In at U Texas after submitting a GPA Addendum. Should I submit one everywhere else I'm waiting?

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby sharktankdean » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:43 pm

i love how you have your own thread.

an effective addendum can't hurt your app. But it may not be the reason u got into Texas tho. I mean they may have already decided to accept u without the addendum.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: AA Male - 162(166) - In at Michigan & NU. One last question!

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 pm

sharktankdean wrote:i love how you have your own thread.

an effective addendum can't hurt your app. But it may not be the reason u got into Texas tho. I mean they may have already decided to accept u without the addendum.

yeah, I'd probably just send them to CC and Penn




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests