URM Question - Nontraditional

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
gregthomas77

URM Question - Nontraditional

Postby gregthomas77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I have been reading thru the URM section, and I can't believe that people who are 30,33,35 are saying that this makes them URM's. I understand the idea of nontraditional (older) students, but is someone really an URM at 30? How much does this help someone trying to get into law school?

Frathard

Re: URM Question - Nontraditional

Postby Frathard » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 pm

It doesn't

/thread

AztecaRex

Postby AztecaRex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:I have been reading thru the URM section, and I can't believe that people who are 30,33,35 are saying that this makes them URM's. I understand the idea of nontraditional (older) students, but is someone really an URM at 30? How much does this help someone trying to get into law school?

Age has no bearing on URM status. There are many non-URMs who (from lack of knowledge, misinformation, or blind hope) claim to be URMs. Being a non-traditional applicant can help with one's admission, however, in that, with age, one probably has been out in the real world for awhile, acquired good work experience, etc., which will help make one an attractive candidate over say, a college-aged student with no work experience. Jajajja, and just my opinion here, but 30 really doesn't seem all that old. At least I hope not when I get there :wink:

Hope that helps, mate.

gregthomas77

Postby gregthomas77 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 pm

OK. That's what I thought. I am 33 and don't feel like I need a senior's discount card yet.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”