Queer Black Female 3.6/167

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
whirledpeas86

Queer Black Female 3.6/167

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 pm

So, adding myself to the flood of people reeling from December scores, trying to evaluate. 3.6 GPA, 167 on the December LSAT, queer black female. Do I have a shot at CCN? Other T14? I'm trying to decide if I should apply with those numbers (as I had been planning), or retake and wait another year and apply with a better (HOPEFULLY) score. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I already posted this in the what are my chances board, but didn't get any hits. Figured the URM board might be more appropriate. :wink:

EbonyEsq

Re: Queer Black Female 3.6/167

Postby EbonyEsq » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:So, adding myself to the flood of people reeling from December scores, trying to evaluate. 3.6 GPA, 167 on the December LSAT, queer black female. Do I have a shot at CCN? Other T14? I'm trying to decide if I should apply with those numbers (as I had been planning), or retake and wait another year and apply with a better (HOPEFULLY) score. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I already posted this in the what are my chances board, but didn't get any hits. Figured the URM board might be more appropriate. :wink:

You're in. May even be worth sending some apps out to the T3. The only advantage of applying next year is to, perhaps, have a better shot of getting more free $$$ by applying earlier.

But seriously, its a lock.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:45 pm

EbonyEsq wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:So, adding myself to the flood of people reeling from December scores, trying to evaluate. 3.6 GPA, 167 on the December LSAT, queer black female. Do I have a shot at CCN? Other T14? I'm trying to decide if I should apply with those numbers (as I had been planning), or retake and wait another year and apply with a better (HOPEFULLY) score. Thanks in advance for any advice!

You're in. May even be worth sending some apps out to the T3. The only advantage of applying next year is to, perhaps, have a better shot of getting more free $$$ by applying earlier.

But seriously, its a lock.

Awww, damn, thanks! I've been so focused on scoring 170+ that I think I convinced myself I wouldn't have a shot with anything less. The more I think about it, the more I just want to give it a shot and see how the cycle pans out. I dunno if I can take a whole 'nother year dealing with this LSAC bullshit!

MartianManhunter

Postby MartianManhunter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Please apply to HYS.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Apply to the T14 and take whoever offers you the most money.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”