How much do softs at Harvard matter for a URM? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rundoxierun

Gold

Re: How much do softs at Harvard matter for a URM?

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 am

vanwinkle wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Black, intelligent men with high aspirations.....?

ran here.
:lol:
Lol.. funny thing is that I dont think any of us are equipped to answer this question. TLS has convinced me that pretty much all softs are average. Hell, my resume would be solid gold if I was looking for an actual corporate job right now but I look at it in disgust when I read it.

Moxie

Silver

Re: How much do softs at Harvard matter for a URM?

Post by Moxie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 am

tkgrrett wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Black, intelligent men with high aspirations.....?

ran here.
:lol:
Lol.. funny thing is that I dont think any of us are equipped to answer this question. TLS has convinced me that pretty much all softs are average. Hell, my resume would be solid gold if I was looking for an actual corporate job right now but I look at it in disgust when I read it.
+1. I thought my softs were helpful when I got my JR1 and JR2 last year, but I also had pretty good numbers for an AA at HLS (according to LSN).

I totally support people getting WE before going to LS, I deferred for that reason and it was an incredibly beneficial decision.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”