CLEO Email

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
mez06

CLEO Email

Postby mez06 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Just received an email from CLEO with the below message. Any thoughts on its significance. Interview maybe? Phone call to say we're "over-qualified"? Thanks for your thoughts!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are in receipt of your CLEO application and would like to discuss it with you.

Please contact us on Thursday, December 30, 2010, according to your last name at the times listed below:

A – M 9:30 am - 10:30 am EST

N – Z 2:30pm – 3:30pm EST

Best wishes for the holiday season.

ArchRoark

Re: CLEO Email

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 pm

mez06 wrote:Just received an email from CLEO with the below message. Any thoughts on its significance. Interview maybe? Phone call to say we're "over-qualified"? Thanks for your thoughts!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are in receipt of your CLEO application and would like to discuss it with you.

Please contact us on Thursday, December 30, 2010, according to your last name at the times listed below:

A – M 9:30 am - 10:30 am EST

N – Z 2:30pm – 3:30pm EST

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Have you applied recently? I am pretty sure they ask every applicant to call and speak with them.

I received a few of these. First one was just chat about my current status/personal statement/credentials/feel me out for who I am. It was very laid back and Mrs. Williams was extremely nice. The second time they had me call, they offered a summer workshop as an alternative.

mez06

Postby mez06 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 am

I applied via the early admission deadline. Second week of November. I haven't had one of those calls yet so maybe so. Why was the AIE workshop offered as an alternative? Are they looking for a specific student type (outside being a minority of course)?

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:57 am

mez06 wrote:I applied via the early admission deadline. Second week of November. I haven't had one of those calls yet so maybe so. Why was the AIE workshop offered as an alternative? Are they looking for a specific student type (outside being a minority of course)?

PM'd

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 am

I applied for cleo and they sent me an email that my application was complete dec 10... nothing after.. hoping to get accepted though, I could really use the prep.

somedaycrazy

Postby somedaycrazy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 am

This is completely normal. I had to do a short interview a few months back. The lady was an ass. I am 100% sure I am not getting into the program. You win some, you loose some. Good Luck!

Tiberius Gracchus

Postby Tiberius Gracchus » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 am

OP - Completely normal. I applied right when the app opened up (OCT ?), got the email/called in early NOV, accepted via snail mail a few weeks ago. Be prepared to answer questions regarding possible weak spots in your app, i.e. LSAT/GPA. Theres a CLEO 2011 thread as well. Good luck!

maqkitty214

Postby maqkitty214 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Tiberus is right. Same deal with me. Applied early Oct, called in Nov, accepted in Dec. She was grilling me about my weak-ish LSAT and why I only chose 2 schools. I was honest with her and that seemed to work. She's intimidating but not rude. I encountered her at the ASAP seminar in LA last July asking a pretty stupid question and she gave me a real sassy response, so I was nervous, but she was totally polite. Just not super friendly. Haha :D Good luck!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”