Aboriginal canadian...what are my odds??

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jennagain

Aboriginal canadian...what are my odds??

Postby jennagain » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Okay, so in all my practice tests i get between 153-158. Im going to average that at a 155 on test day. What are my odds at getting into a decent school? I worry that on test day I may only get a 152 or 153. If that happens I was just curious if i still have a fighting chance if i apply under the aboriginal category? Does anyone know anything about this category at what the lowest score they will accept is? I went to u of t and my gpa isnt great...averages at about a B+ (which is actually a very respectable gpa at u of t). I'm just trying to understand whether or not I should be freaking out.

please help

serdog

Re: Aboriginal canadian...what are my odds??

Postby serdog » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:17 pm

jennagain wrote:Okay, so in all my practice tests i get between 153-158. Im going to average that at a 155 on test day. What are my odds at getting into a decent school? I worry that on test day I may only get a 152 or 153. If that happens I was just curious if i still have a fighting chance if i apply under the aboriginal category? Does anyone know anything about this category at what the lowest score they will accept is? I went to u of t and my gpa isnt great...averages at about a B+ (which is actually a very respectable gpa at u of t). I'm just trying to understand whether or not I should be freaking out.

please help

In Canada you have a shot everywhere(ieUBC addmitted class had a 153 75% average last year) depending on you community involvement. In US schools there is no really Aboriginal category in the way that Canadian school have seats for aboriginal thus no category. IF you've not already done so join us over at Lawstudents.ca we have a nice Aboriginal chat run over there. AS for US school I don't think you have a very good shot at the T-14 and I would recommend that for employment reason you attend a Canadian school (since you were UofT undergrad you may have small shot)

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”