1/8 Native American 2.3 gpa 167 LSAT

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
superw

Re: 1/8 Native American 2.3 gpa 167 LSAT

Postby superw » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
superw wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
superw wrote:Can I use my Native American to get into law school if it is so low, only 1/8th and I do not practice or act Native American? I would like to get into Columbia but my GPA is terrible and my lsat isn't up to par. How much lien do you think it would give me to get into a T30 or so school, or at least Tier 1?

I am also 1/4 Jewish, very diverse family background, I am from the coal mining hills of Appalachia where a lot of Irish, German and Jewish immigrants came a couple hundred years ago and I have only evidence that one of my great great grandmothers if full Cherokee Indian, and I may be mixed to some other degree but hardly.

Is any of this usable? Or am I a terrible person for trying to do such a thing?

Also, what value did "I am also 1/4 Jewish" serve in this post/flame? Would it matter if someone considered themselves 1/4 presbyterian, 1/4 baptist, 1/4 scientologist, 1/8 Amish and just a bit Catholic?

Lol - nice flame attempt.

Uhh, no. Judaism is an ethnicity. I have a haplotype that is the rarest in the world. I have the rarest DNA in the world.

Nope.

Yes I do you racist idiot. Jews have the rarest haplotype in the world.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:54 pm

superw wrote:Uhh, no. Judaism is an ethnicity. I have a haplotype that is the rarest in the world. I have the rarest DNA in the world.

QFlulz

I think you're ridiculous, but this flame has been unoriginal. Take care!

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:56 pm

superw wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
superw wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
Also, what value did "I am also 1/4 Jewish" serve in this post/flame? Would it matter if someone considered themselves 1/4 presbyterian, 1/4 baptist, 1/4 scientologist, 1/8 Amish and just a bit Catholic?

Uhh, no. Judaism is an ethnicity. I have a haplotype that is the rarest in the world. I have the rarest DNA in the world.

Nope.

Just... stop.

You totally missed the logic behind AA and URM.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:56 pm

superw wrote:Yes I do you racist idiot. Jews have the rarest haplotype in the world.

Aren't Hebrew people Semites? I'm pretty sure they don't have the rarest genetics.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:57 pm

superw wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
superw wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:I am also 1/4 Jewish, very diverse family background, I am from the coal mining hills of Appalachia where a lot of Irish, German and Jewish immigrants came a couple hundred years ago and I have only evidence that one of my great great grandmothers if full Cherokee Indian, and I may be mixed to some other degree but hardly.

Is any of this usable? Or am I a terrible person for trying to do such a thing?

[quote]

You're only 1/4 jewish - so you're only 1/4 rarest in the world.
Last edited by QandAphorism on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:57 pm

haha there's really nothing better for us to do on a Saturday night.. fail.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:58 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
superw wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
superw wrote:

Nope.

lulz

thanks for the fun time!

superw

Postby superw » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:00 am

arism87 wrote:haha there's really nothing better for us to do on a Saturday night.. fail.

What if I were 1/8 black?

And yes, the Jews have the rarest haplotype, and I am not 1/4 rarest, my actual blood tested genome is the rarest in the world. Last name is Lenhoff if you want to research it on a DNA or haplotype website. Good to see you guys are so up to date with science.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am

superw wrote:
arism87 wrote:haha there's really nothing better for us to do on a Saturday night.. fail.

And yes, the Jews have the rarest haplotype, and I am not 1/4 rarest, my actual blood tested genome is the rarest in the world. Last name is Lenhoff if you want to research it on a DNA or haplotype website. Good to see you guys are so up to date with science.

I think you should base your PS on this.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 am

superw wrote:

2.3 gpa = rarest haplotype in the world.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:04 am

I can't believe that the trolling gene is the rarest in the world.

serdog

Postby serdog » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:05 am

I find that a most people who have to ask is ok to check the NA box shouldn't. Personal I think 1/8 is fine IF you have community connection,which you seem not to have.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 am

3|ink wrote:I can't believe that the trolling gene is the rarest in the world.

Oh yeah, totally... I mean, the manner in which the OP's particular set of single-nucleotide polymorphisms converge into a virtual crescendo of trollapamorphic mannerisms is truly staggering.

magicman554

Postby magicman554 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:11 am

Yeah, and I'm 2/15 Algonquin. Lock at HYS.

Flame it up.

NZA

Postby NZA » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 am

Kill this thread, please God, kill this thread.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:19 am

superw wrote:

OP, I'm part African as well as have Australian roots and there are tribes from both of my native countries that existed and evolved on thier own for over 40,000 years. If you do your research, you'll find Australian aborigines and the Khoisan population (amongst several other tribes) in Africa have the rarest haplotypes in the world.

I am, therefore, a lock at HYS.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 am

QandAphorism wrote:I am, therefore, a lock at HYS.

I'll go ahead and throw away the key.

Mrs. Jack Donaghy

Postby Mrs. Jack Donaghy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:21 am

serdog wrote:I find that a most people who have to ask is ok to check the NA box shouldn't. Personal I think 1/8 is fine IF you have community connection,which you seem not to have.

+1. If this isn't a FLAME (and I think it is), it's also clear that OP doesn't really identify as Native American and simply wants to milk the potential URM boot as much as he/she can. This rhetoric is dangerous because, since so many Americans are mixed with something, trying to milk the fact that one's great great x whatever is URM could make the URM boost obsolete someday because every person could essentially say that they were URM regardless of the number of generations they've been removed from the URM identity they claim to identify with during the admissions procress.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 am

QandAphorism wrote:
superw wrote:

OP, I'm part African as well as have Australian roots and there are tribes from both of my native countries that existed and evolved on thier own for over 40,000 years. If you do your research, you'll find Australian aborigines and the Khoisan population (amongst several other tribes) in Africa have the rarest haplotypes in the world.

I am, therefore, a lock at HYS.

Man, you guyz should be placed in a museum or something.

QandAphorism

Postby QandAphorism » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:28 am

"In the 1990s, genomic studies of different peoples around the world found that the Y chromosome of Khoisan men (using samples drawn from several San tribes) share certain patterns of polymorphisms that are distinct from the genomes of all other populations.[13] As the Y chromosome is highly conserved from generation to generation, this type of DNA testing is used by geneticists to determine when different subgroups separated from one another and hence their last common ancestry. The authors of these studies suggested that the Khoisan may have been one of the first populations to differentiate from the most recent common paternal ancestor of all extant humans, the so-called Y-chromosomal Adam by patrineal descent, estimated to have lived 60,000 to 90,000 years ago.[14] The authors also note that their results should be interpreted as only finding that the Khoisan "preserve ancient lineages", and not that they "stopped evolving" or are an "ancient group", since subsequent changes in their population are in parallel and similar to those of all other human populations.[13]

Various Y-chromosome studies [15][16][17] since confirmed that the Khoisan (or Khoe-San) carry some of the most divergent (oldest) Y-chromosome haplogroups. These haplogroups are specific sub-groups of haplogroups A and B, the two earliest branches on the human Y-chromosome tree."

I got this from:

(A) Wikipedia

(B) Wikileaks

(C) Made it up

(D) OP's original flame post which then inspired some interesting genetics research - thanks OP.

(E) Tom Cruise's diary

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 am

My grandfather held the title for strongest one-armed man in the world between 1946-51.

So I guess that makes me 1/2 amputee?

URM yes?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 am

This thread belongs in a museum.

superw

Postby superw » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 am

Mrs. Jack Donaghy wrote:
serdog wrote:I find that a most people who have to ask is ok to check the NA box shouldn't. Personal I think 1/8 is fine IF you have community connection,which you seem not to have.

+1. If this isn't a FLAME (and I think it is), it's also clear that OP doesn't really identify as Native American and simply wants to milk the potential URM boot as much as he/she can. This rhetoric is dangerous because, since so many Americans are mixed with something, trying to milk the fact that one's great great x whatever is URM could make the URM boost obsolete someday because every person could essentially say that they were URM regardless of the number of generations they've been removed from the URM identity they claim to identify with during the admissions procress.

How many people will really trace back their roots with proof, and the reason they are minorities is because they are not a majority, and much fewer people will still make such a claim. And there have been whites and minorities in this country for a long time, and it looks like it got whitened out to me since many people with a small percentage of their ancestry have not exploited the claim for admissions purposes in the past.

Your argument is most faulty on these grounds. And to me, blood should be all that matters. Culture is American, you don't really have to practice a culture to be the race still, that is the weird thing I am up in the air about.

chup

Postby chup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 am

NZA wrote:Kill this thread, please God, kill this thread.

Good idea.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”