Males and females Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Sherrybaby

New

Males and females

Post by Sherrybaby » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 pm

This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

And it just makes me crazy that, even as an URM, because I am a female it will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males. Like, I seriously considered "accidentally" marking males on my applications, because I know that my educational record is unremarkable for a woman, but incredible for a guy in the same exact circumstances.

Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather not start arguments or anything, just thinking...

NZA

Silver

Re: Males and females

Post by NZA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Sherrybaby wrote:This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

And it just makes me crazy that, even as an URM, because I am a female it will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males. Like, I seriously considered "accidentally" marking males on my applications, because I know that my educational record is unremarkable for a woman, but incredible for a guy in the same exact circumstances.

Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather not start arguments or anything, just thinking...
What are you talking about?

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

FLAME.

Do not react, do not look directly at it, just click somewhere else and ignore it and it'll fade away.

tourdeforcex

Bronze

Post by tourdeforcex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

so maybe i'm missing something here but... why will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 pm

The only possible distinction I've seen between male and female URMs is among AA candidates, simply because AA males are the least represented out of all URMs. However, that difference is marginal at best.

But you best not be flaming...tread lightly, OP.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Sherrybaby wrote:This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

OMG what and amazing flame!!!!

I'll bite: How is your situation any different than that of someone who is not a URM?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:03 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:The only possible distinction I've seen between male and female URMs is among AA candidates, simply because AA males are the least represented out of all URMs. However, that difference is marginal at best.

But you best not be flaming...tread lightly, OP.

Don't mess OP

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:08 pm

James Bond wrote:*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*
Congrats on the 9,000th post.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:13 pm

NZA wrote:
James Bond wrote:*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*
Congrats on the 9,000th post.
lol thanks. Luckily it wasn't the one you quoted

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:14 pm

LOL.. from unremarkable to incredible??

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Hotdamn, I wanna get this troll pregnant