Males and females

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Sherrybaby
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 am

Males and females

Postby Sherrybaby » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:55 pm

This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

And it just makes me crazy that, even as an URM, because I am a female it will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males. Like, I seriously considered "accidentally" marking males on my applications, because I know that my educational record is unremarkable for a woman, but incredible for a guy in the same exact circumstances.



Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather not start arguments or anything, just thinking...

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby NZA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Sherrybaby wrote:This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

And it just makes me crazy that, even as an URM, because I am a female it will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males. Like, I seriously considered "accidentally" marking males on my applications, because I know that my educational record is unremarkable for a woman, but incredible for a guy in the same exact circumstances.

Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather not start arguments or anything, just thinking...


What are you talking about?

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby animalcrkrs » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

FLAME.

Do not react, do not look directly at it, just click somewhere else and ignore it and it'll fade away.

tourdeforcex
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby tourdeforcex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

so maybe i'm missing something here but... why will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males?

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby 20121109 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 pm

The only possible distinction I've seen between male and female URMs is among AA candidates, simply because AA males are the least represented out of all URMs. However, that difference is marginal at best.

But you best not be flaming...tread lightly, OP.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Sherrybaby wrote:This may already be a topic, but in the midst of my freaking out about the LSAT yesterday, I started looking at LSN (again) and reading other forums and stuff.

And it just makes me crazy that, even as an URM, because I am a female it will be harder for me to get into top tier schools than it is for males. Like, I seriously considered "accidentally" marking males on my applications, because I know that my educational record is unremarkable for a woman, but incredible for a guy in the same exact circumstances.



Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather not start arguments or anything, just thinking...


OMG what and amazing flame!!!!

I'll bite: How is your situation any different than that of someone who is not a URM?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Males and females

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:03 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:The only possible distinction I've seen between male and female URMs is among AA candidates, simply because AA males are the least represented out of all URMs. However, that difference is marginal at best.

But you best not be flaming...tread lightly, OP.



Don't mess OP

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Males and females

Postby James Bond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby NZA » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:08 pm

James Bond wrote:*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*


Congrats on the 9,000th post.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Males and females

Postby James Bond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:13 pm

NZA wrote:
James Bond wrote:*waits for this to become as retarded as other gender-related threads on TLS*


Congrats on the 9,000th post.


lol thanks. Luckily it wasn't the one you quoted

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Males and females

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:14 pm

LOL.. from unremarkable to incredible??

jgloster
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Males and females

Postby jgloster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Hotdamn, I wanna get this troll pregnant




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest