Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 am

I applied to quite a few schools back in early November with a GPA: 3.2, LSAT:160. I retake the LSAT yesterday and I think I might have increased my score to 162-165 depending on the curve. Worst case scenario would be the same score. I am under review at most schools and I don't know if any would reject me outright. Should I call all of them and tell them to wait for my new score? I am a black male.

Thank you

Edit: the schools I applied to are on my profile

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:57 pm

jr1886 wrote:I applied to quite a few schools back in early November with a GPA: 3.2, LSAT:160. I retake the LSAT yesterday and I think I might have increased my score to 162-165 depending on the curve. Worst case scenario would be the same score. I am under review at most schools and I don't know if any would reject me outright. Should I call all of them and tell them to wait for my new score? I am a black male.

Thank you

Edit: the schools I applied to are on my profile


When they asked on the application dates that you took or were planning to take the LSAT, did you put December? If so, they will usually hold off reviewing it until your December score comes in.

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Knock wrote:
jr1886 wrote:I applied to quite a few schools back in early November with a GPA: 3.2, LSAT:160. I retake the LSAT yesterday and I think I might have increased my score to 162-165 depending on the curve. Worst case scenario would be the same score. I am under review at most schools and I don't know if any would reject me outright. Should I call all of them and tell them to wait for my new score? I am a black male.

Thank you

Edit: the schools I applied to are on my profile


When they asked on the application dates that you took or were planning to take the LSAT, did you put December? If so, they will usually hold off reviewing it until your December score comes in.


Some will and some will not. I wouldn't take a chance. I would just e-mail them a quick note that you took the DEC and you would like them to hold your app to consider that score in your application.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Yes, just to be safe. But make sure they actually wait, which means double check.

I emailed all of my schools to wait for Dec. scores and some of them went ahead and processed me anyway, even after saying they would wait.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jd20132013 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Hilariously(I suppose) I applied to two schools(safety-ish) I didn't particularly want to wait, and they're apparently waiting.

It seems like they're more likely to wait than not. I've emailed the schools I definitely want to wait though, but it's interesting that these did as well.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Should I call schools and tell them to wait?

Postby jr1886 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am

Thank you guys for the input. I decide to ride it i.e. I did not email the schools to wait for my score. So far I have received two acceptances and a deferred. Not too bad.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests