Schools with URM Support

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Magi228

Schools with URM Support

Postby Magi228 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I am wondering if any schools (particularly around the T-14) are known as especially URM friendly. I am not asking about admission boosts. I am asking more about minority organizations, diversity programs, unique scholarship/employment opportunities, and general environment. Every school I have looked at claims to value diversity, but are any of these schools known for actually demonstrating that they value diversity?

I would appreciate any insight that people have!

merichard87

Re: Schools with URM Support

Postby merichard87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 pm

'I don't know of any specific "URM friendly" schools but pretty much every school has diversity organizations and when you are a minority at a T-14 (with decent grades of course) the firms are pretty flipping friendly.

Magi228

Re: Schools with URM Support

Postby Magi228 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Magi228 wrote:I am wondering if any schools (particularly around the T-14) are known as especially URM friendly. I am not asking about admission boosts. I am asking more about minority organizations, diversity programs, unique scholarship/employment opportunities, and general environment. Every school I have looked at claims to value diversity, but are any of these schools known for actually demonstrating that they value diversity?

I would appreciate any insight that people have!

That's interesting. I was thinking about institutional help via career services and such, but it never occured to me that firms themselves might display any kind of preference towards URMs. If anything I kind of assumed the opposite, although I don't really havea rational reason for the assumption.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”