0L SEO Corporate Law Internship Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
parebare23

Bronze

Re: 0L SEO Corporate Law Internship

Post by parebare23 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Invited to interview for SEO today! I'm a SEO alum from another program - but this is my first with the corporate law program... any tips/topic help from those who have been through it or have knowledge about the law program interview?

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 pm

parebare23 wrote:Invited to interview for SEO today! I'm a SEO alum from another program - but this is my first with the corporate law program... any tips/topic help from those who have been through it or have knowledge about the law program interview?
Congrats parebare!! That's so exciting. My interview is on the 16th. Why don't you have a look at this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 23&t=50541

You will find years' worth of advice! Good luck!!! :)

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm

tag

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 am

1212 wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Invited to interview for SEO today! I'm a SEO alum from another program - but this is my first with the corporate law program... any tips/topic help from those who have been through it or have knowledge about the law program interview?
Congrats parebare!! That's so exciting. My interview is on the 16th. Why don't you have a look at this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 23&t=50541

You will find years' worth of advice! Good luck!!! :)
I hope that thread doesn't get lost because some people wanted to go anon.

wlee1220

Bronze

Post by wlee1220 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Just got my invite to interview today!! Definitely needed that good news after these past few weeks waiting on law schools to respond. For those that interviewed already, how much knowledge about the firms do they expect us to have going in?

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 pm

lol. i applied probably 2 months ago, and my app got ignored. today i received a text reminder telling me to apply. yay.

Rahsaan

New

Post by Rahsaan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 am

how was the interview as an alum? did you receive an offer from the company you worked with the last time you were in the program? what program did you do? what ls are you going to?

if you need any help, i suggest you look up some people through the seo facebook groups. try and get some recs from 1 or 2.

parebare23

Bronze

Post by parebare23 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Rahsaan wrote:
how was the interview as an alum? did you receive an offer from the company you worked with the last time you were in the program? what program did you do? what ls are you going to?

if you need any help, i suggest you look up some people through the seo facebook groups. try and get some recs from 1 or 2.
The interview was still pretty tough, even with being an SEO alum, only positive was that I knew one of my interviewers. I did receive an offer from the company I worked with last time. Don't know what LS I'm going to yet.. still waiting...

Thanks for the suggestion!

wlee1220

Bronze

Post by wlee1220 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:51 pm

I just got done my interview. Although it was tough, it wasn't nearly as tough as I anticipated. If you PM me, I will be glad to tell you more to prepare.

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:05 pm

woohoo, just got my interview invite today!

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm

parebare23 wrote:Don't know what LS I'm going to yet.. still waiting...
I'm sure you may know this already, but your law school is the clincher - not the interview. Get into a T6 and you're in, as you go further down in ranks, so do your chances...

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm

monkey85 wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Don't know what LS I'm going to yet.. still waiting...
I'm sure you may know this already, but your law school is the clincher - not the interview. Get into a T6 and you're in, as you go further down in ranks, so do your chances...
highest schools i'm in at are Cornell and UCLA - pretty nasty chances, right? IIRC they didn't take anyone planning to attend UCLA, and just a couple planning to attend Cornell?

shbe0701

New

Post by shbe0701 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:05 am

Last edited by shbe0701 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 pm

monkey85 wrote: I'm sure you may know this already, but your law school is the clincher - not the interview. Get into a T6 and you're in, as you go further down in ranks, so do your chances...
Is it really this cut and dry?

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

1212 wrote:
monkey85 wrote: I'm sure you may know this already, but your law school is the clincher - not the interview. Get into a T6 and you're in, as you go further down in ranks, so do your chances...
No. Being T6 increases your chances a lot, but I don't think going "further down the ranks" in the lower T14 matters. A NU applicant probably has about as much of a chance as a Virginia applicant (not very high).

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
1212 wrote:
No. Being T6 increases your chances a lot, but I don't think going "further down the ranks" in the lower T14 matters. A NU applicant probably has about as much of a chance as a Virginia applicant (not very high).
Right. And about T6 pretty much guaranteeing a spot barring a terrible interview performance?

cylon_clone

Bronze

Post by cylon_clone » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Had my interview last week via Skype. It wasn't as hard as people made it seem (maybe Skype is different). I don't think I did too well and a little sick on that day. Not my worst and definitely not my best...

The highest school I've been accepted to is Michigan. And while I'm still waiting on the 3 higher ranked schools I applied to, Michigan will likely be the highest rank school I seriously consider (barring a miraculous Stanford admit). The SEO interviewer did seem interested in what schools I had been accepted to and would likely attend. But, I definitely will not base my final decision on what school will most get me a SEO internship.

spiritniffler189

Bronze

Post by spiritniffler189 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 am

cylon_clone wrote:Had my interview last week via Skype. It wasn't as hard as people made it seem (maybe Skype is different). I don't think I did too well and a little sick on that day. Not my worst and definitely not my best...

The highest school I've been accepted to is Michigan. And while I'm still waiting on the 3 higher ranked schools I applied to, Michigan will likely be the highest rank school I seriously consider (barring a miraculous Stanford admit). The SEO interviewer did seem interested in what schools I had been accepted to and would likely attend. But, I definitely will not base my final decision on what school will most get me a SEO internship.
I'm in the same boat. I mentioned in my interview why I didn't blanket the T14 and automatically go to the highest ranked school (out of the T6, I applied to 2). She seemed to understand why I'd take Cornell over Berkeley example since I want big law in NYC...again, she might have been nodding along but scribbling "reject" while I was talking :)

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 pm

if my deferral request gets rejected I'm gonna kick myself for not applying to this!

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Has anyone heard any good news yet?

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:Has anyone heard any good news yet?
There is another SEO thread going on under Legal Employment and someone heard back.

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Bumping this thread.

Just got an email about a follow-up interview for SEO. Anyone else in the same boat? Any wisdom re: what I should expect would be greatly appreciated!!

PM me if you'd prefer.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”