Personal Statement and Race question Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DoniLynn

New

Personal Statement and Race question

Post by DoniLynn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:22 am

Hello All!

I'm of mixed heritage with an African American father and Dominican mother. Will checking both AA and Hispanic on my apps hurt or help my URM boost or should I just "pick" one?

Also would anyone mind critiquing my personal statement? Be totally honest with me!
Last edited by DoniLynn on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinra

Bronze

Re: Personal Statement and Race question

Post by Sinra » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:26 pm

DoniLynn wrote:Hello All!

I'm of mixed heritage with an African American father and Dominican mother. Will checking both AA and Hispanic on my apps hurt or help my URM boost or should I just "pick" one?
Check off both.

It's too long. Most PSs should be about 2 pages double-spaced. Remember, you want them to show that you can say a lot without using too many words.

Edited: I've PMd you regarding the PS. Good luck! :D

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”