Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 pm

.
Last edited by Justathought on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby Lookingforanswers » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Hey 24 Y/O Puerto Rican Male Applying to the following:

UW
AU
GW
Fordham= On the Waitlist
UC Hastings
USF
WUSTL= have little Hope
U of Hawaii

I have a good GPA but a Horrible LSAT score and pretty solid softs. Good Luck to everyone Applying!

CO2014
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby CO2014 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Good evening lateness.. :P 3.88 174, 171.


Applying to YHS so far, I might apply to Columbia and NYU. If things don't turn out well, I'll pass this cycle. My WE is strong, however my softs blow and my GPA is from a mediocre state school (GSU). Best of luck to you all!

towkthi
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby towkthi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 am

Justathought wrote:30 year old Puerto Rican male.
Just finished up my last 39 credits of Undergrad after an 8 year absence from school.
2.4 GPA (4.0 over the last 39 credits).
160 LSAT in October. Waiting on December results to app, feeling really good about a 165+, but who knows. My school list will be expanded if the result is as expected.

Schools:

Brooklyn PT
Seton Hall PT
Rutgers Newark PT
Hofstra
St John's PT
Albany
Michigan State
Stetson
Southwestern
Thomas Jefferson
Loyola LA
Chicago Kent
DePaul PT
Loyola Chicago PT
American PT
George Mason
Quinnipiac PT


You and I are numbers twins.

Here is where I've applied and what I've heard:

School Decision
American - nothing
Boston U - nothing
Ben Cardozo - nothing
Chicago-Kent - In with money
Cincinnati - nothing
Colorado - nothing
UCONN - nothing
FSU - nothing
Fordham - ding
G. Mason - ding
GW - ding
GTown - ding
Maryland - nothing
Miami - pseudo waitlist
Seton Hal - waitlist - declined
Temple - nothing
W & M - nothing
Boston College - decision has been mailed
UNC - nothing
W & L - ding

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby jamie9248922 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:50 am

PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys

towkthi
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby towkthi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:08 am

jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


My dad lives in Dorado, I live in FL. I'm heading down in March since I will have no time to go down there for oh, the next three years or so.

Congrats on Miami and Fordham! I think you might pull both BU and BC.

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby jamie9248922 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 am

towkthi wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


My dad lives in Dorado, I live in FL. I'm heading down in March since I will have no time to go down there for oh, the next three years or so.

Congrats on Miami and Fordham! I think you might pull both BU and BC.


Thanks! I really want one of the two Boston schools, I am a senior at BC undegrad right now, hopefully that pushes me over...you definitely have to go down to the island...Im going back home for spring break as well

towkthi
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby towkthi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:40 am

jamie9248922 wrote:
towkthi wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


My dad lives in Dorado, I live in FL. I'm heading down in March since I will have no time to go down there for oh, the next three years or so.

Congrats on Miami and Fordham! I think you might pull both BU and BC.


Thanks! I really want one of the two Boston schools, I am a senior at BC undegrad right now, hopefully that pushes me over...you definitely have to go down to the island...Im going back home for spring break as well


I haven't been in 2 years. Prior to that I went every single year, multiple times a year for a bit there, and lived there for a summer. I just miss the feeling of the island. I tell people to vacation there all the time and they are never disappointed.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 am

towkthi wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:
towkthi wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


My dad lives in Dorado, I live in FL. I'm heading down in March since I will have no time to go down there for oh, the next three years or so.

Congrats on Miami and Fordham! I think you might pull both BU and BC.


Thanks! I really want one of the two Boston schools, I am a senior at BC undegrad right now, hopefully that pushes me over...you definitely have to go down to the island...Im going back home for spring break as well


I haven't been in 2 years. Prior to that I went every single year, multiple times a year for a bit there, and lived there for a summer. I just miss the feeling of the island. I tell people to vacation there all the time and they are never disappointed.


+1. It really is wonderful and there is so much to do. From the rain forest to the beaches to old San Juan, you can't go wrong in PR.

Edit: Oh and on the subject of cycles, congrats on your Kent acceptance. I'm hoping to hear back from them this week. I ended up applying to a ton of schools, so far I'm in at Hofstra and DePaul, out at Illinois and W&L. Too bad about that Miami wait list, with all the snow in NYC, they look more appealing to me every day. Keeping my fingers crossed! :P

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby DorianGray89 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 am

jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


I'm from Bayamon, but came to the states for undergrad.

IN at UChicago, BC, BU, Fordham and Cornell.

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby jamie9248922 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


I'm from Bayamon, but came to the states for undergrad.

IN at UChicago, BC, BU, Fordham and Cornell.


Yeah Im doing undergrad in the states as well...Thats quite an impressive list...Congrats

towkthi
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby towkthi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


I'm from Bayamon, but came to the states for undergrad.

IN at UChicago, BC, BU, Fordham and Cornell.


Congrats on all those acceptances! You've got a tough choice ahead of you.

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby DorianGray89 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:14 pm

jamie9248922 wrote:
DorianGray89 wrote:
jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


I'm from Bayamon, but came to the states for undergrad.

IN at UChicago, BC, BU, Fordham and Cornell.


Yeah Im doing undergrad in the states as well...Thats quite an impressive list...Congrats



Thanks :)

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:

Thanks :)


Let me also echo that sentiment Dorian. It really is great to see a fellow Puerto Rican have such outstanding options in front of him. While ethnicity doesn't define any of us, it is inspirational nevertheless. Congrats. :D

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

jamie9248922 wrote:PR Male 3.5 161
In Miami Fordham
Pending BU BC GW Nova Michigan GTown

I live in Guaynabo you guys. what about you guys


Not Puerto Rican but I just got back a couple of days ago it is just beautiful. I was in Camuay and didn't want to comeback esp to Chicago and 13ft of snow.

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby jamie9248922 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Just got into BC! PRicans doing well! :D

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby DorianGray89 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

jamie9248922 wrote:Just got into BC! PRicans doing well! :D


Congrats!! :) That's great!

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby DorianGray89 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Anyone here applied to Columbia?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:Anyone here applied to Columbia?


me! i was held. meh.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby kruiz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
DorianGray89 wrote:Anyone here applied to Columbia?


me! i was held. meh.

Well good luck!!!

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:40 pm

kruiz88 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
DorianGray89 wrote:Anyone here applied to Columbia?


me! i was held. meh.

Well good luck!!!


aw, thanks! you too! :wink:

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby DorianGray89 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 pm

I just applied last week, not hoping for much, but we'll see.

jamie9248922
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby jamie9248922 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:03 am

DorianGray89 wrote:I just applied last week, not hoping for much, but we'll see.


I also applied when they sent out that wave of fee waivers, not expecting much either

Art + Law
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 am

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby Art + Law » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 am

I graduate from the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras and my numbers are 155/3.65 and a strong résumé, and just get accepted to Cardozo, it was the only app that i submited, they have a great art law curriculum and don't think I could make it to NYU with my numbers. So I had two options, Cardozo because of the program and localization or University of Puerto Rico Law because it is cheap and have a great record of students accepted to LLMs on top schools.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Puerto Ricans 2011 Cycle

Postby kruiz88 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 am

jamie9248922 wrote:
DorianGray89 wrote:I just applied last week, not hoping for much, but we'll see.


I also applied when they sent out that wave of fee waivers, not expecting much either

+1




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BastianPC and 1 guest