Yet another chance thread...

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
timmna

Yet another chance thread...

Postby timmna » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:33 pm

...Thanks, everyone.
Last edited by timmna on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Re: Yet another chance thread...

Postby patrickd139 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Initial thought: might as well throw out an app to Yale, if you've got the money/if it's free. I mean, why not?

Miranda 18

Postby Miranda 18 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:45 am

Nice October score! I think you will have an amazing cycle.....I wouldn't be surprised if you got into Harvard

downing

Postby downing » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:43 am

Cool stats; good luck on your cycle.

timmna

Postby timmna » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks for the replies. My fear is that my lsat combined with bad gpa completely locks me out of H and maybe Columbia.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:47 pm

timmna wrote:Thanks for the replies. My fear is that my lsat combined with bad gpa completely locks me out of H and maybe Columbia.

Have hope not fear! If you haven't submitted apps yet, make sure you worked really hard on every little detail and wrote the best possible essays that you could. It's always hard to predict our cycles as URMs, but the whole "holistic" thing really applies to us. I have high hopes for you

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm

You'll almost certainly get NYU, if not higher. I would, however, retake if you have your heart set on HLS. Better to be safe.

timmna

Postby timmna » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks- both of you. That was kind of what I was thinking about a retake.

EbonyEsq

Postby EbonyEsq » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Fresh wrote:
timmna wrote:Thanks for the replies. My fear is that my lsat combined with bad gpa completely locks me out of H and maybe Columbia.

Have hope not fear! If you haven't submitted apps yet, make sure you worked really hard on every little detail and wrote the best possible essays that you could. It's always hard to predict our cycles as URMs, but the whole "holistic" thing really applies to us. I have high hopes for you

x2

You have a stronger shot at Columbia than Harvard, that said, you should not count HLS out even with your numbers.

Do you have any major or atypical softs?

timmna

Postby timmna » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

EbonyEsq wrote:
Fresh wrote:

x2

You have a stronger shot at Columbia than Harvard, that said, you should not count HLS out even with your numbers.

Not really. I'm a first-generation college student who worked full-time through college. That's about it. Thanks for throwing some hope my way. After this semester, my gpa should go up, and maybe I'll do a December retake.

EbonyEsq

Postby EbonyEsq » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 pm

timmna wrote:
EbonyEsq wrote:
Fresh wrote:

x2

Not really. I'm a first-generation college student who worked full-time through college. That's about it. Thanks for throwing some hope my way. After this semester, my gpa should go up, and maybe I'll do a December retake.

Believe it or not that's atypical for majority of college students. Many are not working fulltime and many are not the first to graduate from college. Don't down play this major accomplishment. Definitely play on this in your applications as I'm sure it proved challenging trying to study and pull an A- GPA while working. You rock! :mrgreen:

That being said, I really really think you should still throw in those applications to HLS and CLS. You just never know what may come your way and I'd hate to see you lose out on an acceptance with a full-ride (or close to it) because you didn't think your numbers were strong enough. Just do it, girl.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”