CLEO 2011? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
maqkitty214

New

Re: CLEO 2011?

Post by maqkitty214 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am

mez06 wrote:FYI these plane tickets to Iowa are far from cheap :shock: . Looking like $500. You might want to wait around for the decrease in global oil prices or do like me and possibly consider on making it a road trip event! Hah I think driving thru the "random" midwest states should be interesting.
Or fly into Chicago and take a $10 bus ride to Des Moines! Granted, it's 6 hours by bus which I am not looking forward to, but supposedly they have WiFi on board.

Jayb327

New

Post by Jayb327 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CLEO-2011 ... 3209297678 idk if its the official page or if someone made it themselves but The San Diego facebook page is up! San Diego goers unite!!!! Lol

Sashicola

New

Post by Sashicola » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Now its time for the Iowa group...

evanvanreg

New

Post by evanvanreg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:01 pm

I can't get the San Diego CLEO 2011 Facebook page to come up for some reason.....could you re-post the link

Thanks

maqkitty214

New

Post by maqkitty214 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

68 days to Iowa! WOO! :mrgreen:

Flett

Bronze

Post by Flett » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:28 pm

maqkitty214 wrote:68 days to Iowa! WOO! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sceva31st

New

Post by sceva31st » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:23 pm

maqkitty214 wrote:68 days to Iowa! WOO! :mrgreen:
bought my plane ticket last night :D

Gaucho

New

Post by Gaucho » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 pm

anyone receive any conditional acceptances because of CLEO?

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 pm

When do they let u know where u get placed?

March 18 they sent me an acceptance email,
The next day i sent the fax accepting their offer for me in the program,
On the 24th i sent a check for 2000,
On tuesday the 29 i recieved an email saying they could no longer save a seat for me,
That same day i called and ms hayes said she hadnt recieved anything from me...
But later said she recieved my check and i scanned and sent her my confirmation to b in the program. .....i dont want more problems like this... I just want to get placed in san diego since i live there!

Gaucho

New

Post by Gaucho » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

POSERmyLOVE wrote:When do they let u know where u get placed?
I got an email from CLEO the day after they received my check.

Dear :

We have received your final payment. You have been selected to participate in the CLEO 2011 Summer Institute that will take place at:

Thomas Jefferson School of Law
San Diego, CA
June 12 – July 22, 2011
Beth Kransberger, CLEO Director
Associate Dean for Student Affairs

Please note carefully the following conditions of your acceptance:
-All participants must complete their undergraduate work and be eligible to graduate by the opening date of the Institute.
-All participants must attend and participate in the Institute on a full-time basis, not engage in outside study or employment, and intend to enroll in law school in August 2011. The Summer Institute is both rigorous and intensive and requires your full attention and commitment.
-Placement assistance has become much more difficult because of the substantial increase in the number of law school applicants. If you have been admitted to a law school, please secure your seat at the law school by paying the appropriate deposit.

The Summer Institute fee includes room and board (meals), books, materials and transportation on campus from the dorm to the law school. You will need to pay for transportation to and from the institute. Your placement in the institute was determined based on where you live, where you would like to attend law school, and general requirements to make the six-week experience the most memorable. All participants are expected to attend orientation and the final graduation ceremony.

Please book your airline flights or make other travel arrangements as soon as possible to take advantage of good rates. You should plan to arrive no later than 3pm PST on June 12, 2011.

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Gaucho wrote:
POSERmyLOVE wrote:When do they let u know where u get placed?
I got an email from CLEO the day after they received my check.

Dear :

We have received your final payment. You have been selected to participate in the CLEO 2011 Summer Institute that will take place at:

Thomas Jefferson School of Law
San Diego, CA
June 12 – July 22, 2011
Beth Kransberger, CLEO Director
Associate Dean for Student Affairs

Please note carefully the following conditions of your acceptance:
-All participants must complete their undergraduate work and be eligible to graduate by the opening date of the Institute.
-All participants must attend and participate in the Institute on a full-time basis, not engage in outside study or employment, and intend to enroll in law school in August 2011. The Summer Institute is both rigorous and intensive and requires your full attention and commitment.
-Placement assistance has become much more difficult because of the substantial increase in the number of law school applicants. If you have been admitted to a law school, please secure your seat at the law school by paying the appropriate deposit.

The Summer Institute fee includes room and board (meals), books, materials and transportation on campus from the dorm to the law school. You will need to pay for transportation to and from the institute. Your placement in the institute was determined based on where you live, where you would like to attend law school, and general requirements to make the six-week experience the most memorable. All participants are expected to attend orientation and the final graduation ceremony.

Please book your airline flights or make other travel arrangements as soon as possible to take advantage of good rates. You should plan to arrive no later than 3pm PST on June 12, 2011.

cool! then i should be recieving something in the mail soon and i should be also apart of the san diego cleo!

CaseClosed

New

Post by CaseClosed » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Waitlisted for summer institute but accepted to AIE. Did this happen to anyone else?

Cwarrior57

New

Post by Cwarrior57 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am

Yup. It happened to me. Will most likely attend the AIE in atl.

MarcBing

New

Post by MarcBing » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am

Happened to me also. It does not state which member school nominated me though?????

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

I got my placement letter. They want to send me to iowa ( nothing wrong with that) but i LiVe in san diego plus i was planning to retake the lsat in june! This interferes with the program's dates. I let ms. Hayes know this and i hope they can switch me to san diego :(

Tiberius Gracchus

New

Post by Tiberius Gracchus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:35 am

Question for IA attendees-

I sent in my last payment in Jan, but I have yet to hear from anyone at CLEO. The last correspondence I have is the assignment letter. Thats it. Has anyone received any kind of itinerary, 'welcome packet', or any other communication? I keep calling, but no answer. The emails I sent to Ms. williams were kicked back (re-assigned) and Ms. Hayes email is incorrect in my acceptance letter. Thanks!

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Tiberius Gracchus wrote:Question for IA attendees-

I sent in my last payment in Jan, but I have yet to hear from anyone at CLEO. The last correspondence I have is the assignment letter. Thats it. Has anyone received any kind of itinerary, 'welcome packet', or any other communication? I keep calling, but no answer. The emails I sent to Ms. williams were kicked back (re-assigned) and Ms. Hayes email is incorrect in my acceptance letter. Thanks!

I think u might be getting something closer to the program date. I just recieved my assignment email and have been in contact with Ms. Hayes. Heres her email address Bernetta.Hayes@americanbar.org

Good luck!

Tiberius Gracchus

New

Post by Tiberius Gracchus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:03 pm

POSERmyLOVE wrote:
Tiberius Gracchus wrote:Question for IA attendees-

I think u might be getting something closer to the program date. I just recieved my assignment email and have been in contact with Ms. Hayes. Heres her email address Bernetta.Hayes@americanbar.org

Good luck!

Thanks, I got some PMs as well. I also got a reply back from CLEO saying some FAQs should be emailed out by the end of the week.

maqkitty214

New

Post by maqkitty214 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:59 am

It makes sense we'd be getting something this week. I think they got the itinerary around 4/1 last year.

I'm pumped to know the details. Can't wait!!

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:50 am

Hey guys,

I declined my acceptance to CLEO and will probably be doing the Atlanta AIE. Hopefully one of you on the waitlist takes my spot!

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Just bought my plane ticket!

HUSL2014

New

Post by HUSL2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

POSERmyLOVE wrote:Just bought my plane ticket!

So you are going to Iowa?

I was in the same situation and asked to be switch but Ms Hayes said they were overbooked for san diego so Iowa it is!

im pretty excited, any idea what to pack for the 6 weeks?

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:28 pm

ms. hayes told me it would be best for me to go to iowa since then we wouldnt be distracted by our normal surrondings...

so Iowa it is! I'm excited cas ive never really visited iowa(who has?) but im bummbed cas im a really family person so im going to miss my family and husband! :( but we are going to have alot of fun and be super prepared for law school!

what to bring...hmm well im going to bring my ipad (my husband has my labtop), clothes (not so much just enough to get by), a couple notebooks, pens, (school supplies in general), and my camera!

is there an iowa facebook page made yet??

sceva31st

New

Post by sceva31st » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:34 pm

POSERmyLOVE wrote:
so Iowa it is! I'm excited cas ive never really visited iowa(who has?)
I don't know anyone in my circle of friends and acquaintances who has been to Iowa...

HUSL2014

New

Post by HUSL2014 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:13 pm

sceva31st wrote:
POSERmyLOVE wrote:
so Iowa it is! I'm excited cas ive never really visited iowa(who has?)
I don't know anyone in my circle of friends and acquaintances who has been to Iowa...
Ditto.. should be fun though. There isn't a facebook group, someone should start one

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”