Where to apply??

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
sgp_lycee

New

Where to apply??

Postby sgp_lycee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 am

I'm in the process of making list of where to apply and I'm just not sure what my chances are at any of them. I've looked at LS predictor, but I also know that with URMs there are variables. And looking through the forums, I feel like its wild card when it comes to URM acceptances. If anyone would like to give some advice it would be very much appreciated.

AA female/ 2.9/ 155 (I'm retaking soon, so I hope to push it up a couple of points)

softs: 3 yrs w/e abroad as a high school teacher, 1 yr teaching in US in low ses community

PS: My topic (as of right now) is about an ethical issue I had to face as a teacher

DS: My topic is about living, working, understanding in a country that has a homogeneous population. (I've written and re-written this, but I'm not really sure if I should make this my DS, I could also talk about my upbringing but reading the other DSs on here, I'm not sure it would really stick out)

I would like to stay in TX with UT/SMU/UH but I just don't know if I could with my scores. And I would really like to practice in Texas or the mid-Atlantic region.

I just don't know, can I get into a top 100 with my scores? What range should I realistically be aiming for? Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ShuckingNotJiving

Bronze

Re: Where to apply??

Postby ShuckingNotJiving » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 pm

If you can score a 160+ your options will be greater.

Because of your significant w/e, I would guess somewhere in the Top 30 might give you an acceptance. Anyone feel free to chime in and tell me I'm wrong.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�