Boricua or Azteca? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AztecaRex

New

Boricua or Azteca?

Post by AztecaRex » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Last edited by AztecaRex on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Re: Boricua or Azteca?

Post by Knock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:02 pm

AztecaRex wrote:Hey guys, first time poster, long time forum stalker here :wink:,

I'm personally Mexicano and Napoletano (which will end up being condensed into mexican/white on applications though it's more like mexican/white/arabic/north african/god knows what), but I have a bet with my "brother" (i.e. unrelated Siciliano with same last name as me) that I will get accepted to a certain dream school and that he will not (the flip side of course is that he thinks he will get accepted and i will not). The clincher is that while I am half-terrone and half-mexican, he is half-terrone and half-puerto rican. From what I understand, we will both be getting a boost, as we both identify with both cultures, but he claims that he will be getting a larger one. I am relatively sure that we both do not get as high a boost as african/black-americans, but I had assumed that our boosts would be equal. So in conclusion, my questions are:

1. Checking both Mexican and white/European=URM boost?
2. Is Puerto Rican boost higher than Mexican boost?

Thanks in advance, and P.S. I still plan on winning regardless :lol:
1. Yes, most likely. Write a Diversity Statement though (unless you choose to highlight your diversity in your PS and it would be repetitive).
2. Depends on the school and their demographics, but there's not likely to be a large difference.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”