URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Malcolm8X

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Malcolm8X » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

chrissyc wrote:I officially got into yale. Woo hoo. I need $$$ damn it.

No you don't. You got Yale. $$$ are just a plus. Congrats.

timmna

Postby timmna » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:40 pm

law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:Anybody else going to the BLAPA dinner at NYU during the next ASW?

I probably am! I already contacted STA about my tix though, so as long as I can change them for another night I want to go. We are going to be such buddies by the end of this whole process! :D

Good-it will be good to see a friendly face..er, avatar. Buddies is right. And who better to be buddies than a kitten and a monkey?

Wasn't there like a gorilla or orangutan or something like that that raised a kitten?

Is it sad that I googled that and watched a Youtube video about Koko the Gorilla and her kitten?

It is the second ASW, the April 1st one. Guess I'll see you all there! BLAPA is a dinner for the Black Latino Asian Pacific American Alumni Association.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm

timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Wasn't there like a gorilla or orangutan or something like that that raised a kitten?

Is it sad that I googled that and watched a Youtube video about Koko the Gorilla and her kitten?

It is the second ASW, the April 1st one. Guess I'll see you all there! BLAPA is a dinner for the Black Latino Asian Pacific American Alumni Association.

Haha the videos are so sweet! Also, I'm super excited about the huge TLS URM showing there is apparently going to be at this ASW. Reunion!!!

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 pm

RJ127 wrote:I'll be out there March 31st and or April 1st. Anybody going to that session?

Yeah I'm doin the whole Columbia/NYU thing.

elm84dr

Postby elm84dr » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Anyone here going to Cornell??? Or maybe going there?

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:I'll be out there March 31st and or April 1st. Anybody going to that session?

Word, see you there brah

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:

Word, see you there brah

I'll be there for the anbryce interviews and admitted students day at nyu on the first.

dkt4

Postby dkt4 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Not gonna speak on Stanford specifically but for the vast majority of schools that do true need-based aid they take into account your parent's income if you are below a certain age (29 at some schools and I believe as low as 25 at certain schools). Under certain rare circumstances, you can have parental info waived but I think it is generally a very strict process(Im going through this process but my case is very clear cut so it hasnt been as bad).

alright that's pretty much what i figured. not overly concerned about it as i kind of resigned myself to having debt anyway, but i guess i'll have to call individual schools.

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 am

law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Haha the videos are so sweet! Also, I'm super excited about the huge TLS URM showing there is apparently going to be at this ASW. Reunion!!!

I'll be at the BLAPA dinner as well!

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:25 am

pixytree wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

as will I. woo hoo. maybe i will see you there.

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 am

chrissyc wrote:
pixytree wrote:

It really is going to be a TLS reunion! What location are you guys at for the interview?

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:21 pm

I wanna go to a TLS dinner :|

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:28 pm

timmna wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
pixytree wrote:

It really is going to be a TLS reunion! What location are you guys at for the interview?

Oakland

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I wanna go to a TLS dinner :|

Well it looks like this BLAPA thing is going to be a TLS dinner haha. I got my tickets changed, so I will definitely be there!!! Soooo excited to actually meet everyone in person! What should the code word be?

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Well it looks like this BLAPA thing is going to be a TLS dinner haha. I got my tickets changed, so I will definitely be there!!! Soooo excited to actually meet everyone in person! What should the code word be?

How come I haven't been emailed about this dinner? I feel like it's sexist. They're like, "Well there's about 5 AA males going to law school anyway...so let's not bother...he probably won't matriculate."

:evil:

I was J/K BTW.
Last edited by Non-Chalant1 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 pm

law_monkey wrote:

A code word is a good idea. So I don't start all my convos with "So.. you don't happen to post on a site called TLS, do you?"

And, Non, the BLAPA dinner is probably just an AnBryce thing. Which has seemed to have more females on TLS than males, I'll admit. Probably because females are more apt to remember scholarship deadlines...

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 pm

timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

A code word is a good idea. So I don't start all my convos with "So.. you don't happen to post on a site called TLS, do you?"

And, Non, the BLAPA dinner is probably just an AnBryce thing. Which has seemed to have more females on TLS than males, I'll admit. Probably because females are more apt to remember scholarship deadlines...

:oops: ....subliminal shot duly noted. *Goes to Columbia instead* :evil:

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Whoa...

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 pm

RJ127 wrote:
timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Whoa...

I know you felt the shot.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

:oops: ....subliminal shot duly noted. *Goes to Columbia instead* :evil:

You know you told Timmna and I to go to CLS with you, but if we get AnBryce it'll be two to one. You need to start showing some more NYU love if we're all going to be study buddies! Because Timmna and I WILL get this scholarship!!! And let's not forget that only one of the three of us has actually been accepted to CLS.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:37 pm

law_monkey wrote: You know you told Timmna and I to go to CLS with you, but if we get AnBryce it'll be two to one. You need to start showing some more NYU love if we're all going to be study buddies! Because Timmna and I WILL get this scholarship!!! And let's not forget that only one of the three of us has actually been accepted to CLS.

Blatant disregard for Timmna's troubling generalization of males and females.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:59 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote: You know you told Timmna and I to go to CLS with you, but if we get AnBryce it'll be two to one. You need to start showing some more NYU love if we're all going to be study buddies! Because Timmna and I WILL get this scholarship!!! And let's not forget that only one of the three of us has actually been accepted to CLS.

Meh I'm a female too. It didn't really bug me. JUST KIDDING of course. As was she. :D

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

law_monkey wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Meh I'm a female too. It didn't really bug me. JUST KIDDING of course. As was she. :D

Aww I really was! No offense intended. No need to pack up for CLS just yet, number twin. Wait until NYU works its magic you.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm

timmna wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
RJ127 wrote:

Aww I really was! No offense intended. No need to pack up for CLS just yet, number twin. Wait until NYU works its magic you.

Haha no worries. Good luck with both of your AnBryce interviews!

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 pm

timmna wrote:
chrissyc wrote:
pixytree wrote:

i'm in NYC for all of it. what about you guys?

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”