URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby jd20132013 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

I gotta judge wayne more on what i know he's capable of than the bs he puts out on a regular basis.

Carter 2 is still one of my favorite albums, if he'd kept going that route I think people would be definitely talking about him as the greatest of all time right now.



i mean they still do but I don't know if its justified :roll:

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 am

jd20132013 wrote:I gotta judge wayne more on what i know he's capable of than the bs he puts out on a regular basis.

Carter 2 is still one of my favorite albums, if he'd kept going that route I think people would be definitely talking about him as the greatest of all time right now.



i mean they still do but I don't know if its justified :roll:


Carter 2 was sick. Da Drought 3 as a mixtape lyrically shat on everything else he put out though.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby yngblkgifted » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 am

RJ127 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:I gotta judge wayne more on what i know he's capable of than the bs he puts out on a regular basis.

Carter 2 is still one of my favorite albums, if he'd kept going that route I think people would be definitely talking about him as the greatest of all time right now.



i mean they still do but I don't know if its justified :roll:


Carter 2 was sick. Da Drought 3 as a mixtape lyrically shat on everything else he put out though.


I knew Lil Wayne was something special when I would listen to 'Tha Cater II' throughout my junior year in high school. 'Tha Mob' is still one of the rawest songs I have ever heard in my life. I swear I still play it every now and then when I go to the gym. He tore that track apart.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 am

yngblkgifted wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:I gotta judge wayne more on what i know he's capable of than the bs he puts out on a regular basis.

Carter 2 is still one of my favorite albums, if he'd kept going that route I think people would be definitely talking about him as the greatest of all time right now.



i mean they still do but I don't know if its justified :roll:


Carter 2 was sick. Da Drought 3 as a mixtape lyrically shat on everything else he put out though.


I knew Lil Wayne was something special when I would listen to 'Tha Cater II' throughout my junior year in high school. 'Tha Mob' is still one of the rawest songs I have ever heard in my life. I swear I still play it every now and then when I go to the gym. He tore that track apart.


if you have a minute, listen to "Hot Shit" Weezy and Juelz. He goes hard as hell on that track. "I'm a libra, and my sign is a scale, and if it don't measure up, then a n--ga gettin' killed". Both of them dominate that beat.

User avatar
Byakuya769
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Byakuya769 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 am

What does YP mean?
Held at NU btw... The undisputed WL/hold king is in the building!

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 am

YP = Yield Protect

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby yngblkgifted » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 am

For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations of exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.



Edit: Still looks like a rat, but with more fans!
Last edited by yngblkgifted on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 am

yngblkgifted wrote:For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations to exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter and will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.


I have to disagree. I thought C3 was very innovative. Dude was doing tracks with everyone from Bobby V to Babyface. Each song to me was really well done. Lollipop was ridiculously commercial and I grew to hate it. But songs like "Comfortable", "Tie my Hands", even "A Milli" went super hard. I also really like the funky concept of "Phone Home". I guess you just have to respect dude's versatility in the tracks.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

yngblkgifted wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:I've never been a huge common listener. Just one of those artists whose skill I recognize but I can't get into for whatever reason. I do enjoy Be though.

Be was a great all around album. He's been downhill since then but Finding Forever has its moments. I'd probably put him in my top 10 favorite rappers of all time. But Nas, Jay, 2Pac = holy trinity >>>>>


You guys are all definitely black, where is Big Pun on that list? Come on, show your hispanic cousins some love.


Much love for the South Bronx. Even Fat Joe has killed many tracks in my opinion. :lol:


Without a doubt, all of the old terror squad was dope back in the day. I actually see Cuban Link out at some bars in the Bronx/ Yonkers occasionally.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby yngblkgifted » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 am

RJ127 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations to exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter and will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.


I have to disagree. I thought C3 was very innovative. Dude was doing tracks with everyone from Bobby V to Babyface. Each song to me was really well done. Lollipop was ridiculously commercial and I grew to hate it. But songs like "Comfortable", "Tie my Hands", even "A Milli" went super hard. I also really like the funky concept of "Phone Home". I guess you just have to respect dude's versatility in the tracks.


Maybe 'sucked ass' was a little too harsh but I do not believe it was "innovative" - at least not lyrically and definitely not musically. But at the time, I was holding him to very high standards because tha Drought 3 and the Tha Cater II were fresh in my memory.
Overall, the album seem very commercialized ( which isn't always a bad thing IMO), and it was less of great hip hop album and more of a great experiment in pop culture. Basically Lil Wayne said "If I get a feature verse on every track imaginable and keep telling people I am the best rapper alive, will people buy a million copies from me in the "free music era" regardless of the quality of the album? The answer was a resounding yes!

I just can't get around to saying the Carter III was innovative. I think it was popular/ fun...but just not innovative. Especially not after hearing what Kanye just dropped. Kanye literally just shitted on every hip hop album in the last 2/3 years. (As an entire musical composition- not lyrically)

But "Tie my hands was a good song" and don't get me wrong I bumped a Mili all summer long.
Last edited by yngblkgifted on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alltheirsplendor
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Alltheirsplendor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 am

Tha Carter II was amazing. I remember listening to it in high school as well. I'm not partial to the homophobia in his lyrics though.

Kid Cudi though... Wow, I've been really impressed with his recent stuff. Some say his latest album is a bit too dark and it seems as if Kudi gets lost in himself but I love stuff like that. These days I'm obsessed with Das Racist. Oh! And B.o.b. is fun, especially live.

I don't think I have a HYS set of rappers though... Hmm.. Jay-Z would be on there if I did. Nas too...

By the by, congrats to everyone this cycle. You guys are amazing. I must admit that it makes us future applicants feel a bit sheepish...

P.S.

Never heard of Big Pun. Just watched a music video of him. Mind blown.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 am

Alltheirsplendor wrote:Tha Carter II was amazing. I remember listening to it in high school as well. I'm not partial to the homophobia in his lyrics though.

Kid Cudi though... Wow, I've been really impressed with his recent stuff. Some say his latest album is a bit too dark and it seems as if Kudi gets lost in himself but I love stuff like that. These days I'm obsessed with Das Racist. Oh! And B.o.b. is fun, especially live.

I don't think I have a HYS set of rappers though... Hmm.. Jay-Z would be on there if I did. Nas too...

By the by, congrats to everyone this cycle. You guys are amazing. I must admit that it makes us future applicants feel a bit sheepish...

P.S.

Never heard of Big Pun. Just watched a music video of him. Mind blown.


Is that sarcastic? If you're being serious you need to get familiar. Listen to "Not A Player", not "Still Not A Player", just "Not A Player".... "Still Not A Player" is the mainstream bullshit version thats not as good or lyrical.

User avatar
Alltheirsplendor
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Alltheirsplendor » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
Alltheirsplendor wrote:Tha Carter II was amazing. I remember listening to it in high school as well. I'm not partial to the homophobia in his lyrics though.

Kid Cudi though... Wow, I've been really impressed with his recent stuff. Some say his latest album is a bit too dark and it seems as if Kudi gets lost in himself but I love stuff like that. These days I'm obsessed with Das Racist. Oh! And B.o.b. is fun, especially live.

I don't think I have a HYS set of rappers though... Hmm.. Jay-Z would be on there if I did. Nas too...

By the by, congrats to everyone this cycle. You guys are amazing. I must admit that it makes us future applicants feel a bit sheepish...

P.S.

Never heard of Big Pun. Just watched a music video of him. Mind blown.


Is that sarcastic? If you're being serious you need to get familiar. Listen to "Not A Player", not "Still Not A Player", just "Not A Player".... "Still Not A Player" is the mainstream bullshit version thats not as good or lyrical.


No, not at all. Apologies if it seemed as if I was. I'm not that sort of TLS member.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 am

Alltheirsplendor wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:
Alltheirsplendor wrote:Tha Carter II was amazing. I remember listening to it in high school as well. I'm not partial to the homophobia in his lyrics though.

Kid Cudi though... Wow, I've been really impressed with his recent stuff. Some say his latest album is a bit too dark and it seems as if Kudi gets lost in himself but I love stuff like that. These days I'm obsessed with Das Racist. Oh! And B.o.b. is fun, especially live.

I don't think I have a HYS set of rappers though... Hmm.. Jay-Z would be on there if I did. Nas too...

By the by, congrats to everyone this cycle. You guys are amazing. I must admit that it makes us future applicants feel a bit sheepish...

P.S.

Never heard of Big Pun. Just watched a music video of him. Mind blown.


Is that sarcastic? If you're being serious you need to get familiar. Listen to "Not A Player", not "Still Not A Player", just "Not A Player".... "Still Not A Player" is the mainstream bullshit version thats not as good or lyrical.


No, not at all. Apologies if it seemed as if I was. I'm not that sort of TLS member.




Nah, its all good check him out man. His whole "Capital Punishment" album was probably my favorite album all time. It's close with Pharoahe Monch- Internal Affairs. Pharoahe Monch is another beast on the mic.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby jd20132013 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 am

I gotta agree with Carter III as trash

my standards were super high after Carter II but...there it is, I guess.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby 20121109 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146300

Let's try and stay on-topic, guys....
:)

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146300

Let's try and stay on-topic, guys....
:)


Dang it, I was being entertained...

Not too much movement on this topic as of late (ie see Cornell 2011 for some nasty Processing-> Complete->UR dates), but tomorrow should bring in some admits for the URMs here (including myself). I can feel it.

User avatar
DreamsInDigital
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146300

Let's try and stay on-topic, guys....
:)


Dang it, I was being entertained...

Not too much movement on this topic as of late (ie see Cornell 2011 for some nasty Processing-> Complete->UR dates), but tomorrow should bring in some admits for the URMs here (including myself). I can feel it.


I hope so. Good luck. I heard back from my first school last friday (rejected at boalt), so I'm kind of dreading tomorrow.

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 am

Its been a month since Dec scores were out so the app pool is complete (obvi minus a few disadvantage Feb apps). Without taking a look back at last yrs DR stats, I feel like its time for the admit beast to unleash ;) The URs can turn into admits!

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby dey206 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 am

anyone hear anything yet? The wait is killing me.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 am

RJ127 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations to exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter and will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.


I have to disagree. I thought C3 was very innovative. Dude was doing tracks with everyone from Bobby V to Babyface. Each song to me was really well done. Lollipop was ridiculously commercial and I grew to hate it. But songs like "Comfortable", "Tie my Hands", even "A Milli" went super hard. I also really like the funky concept of "Phone Home". I guess you just have to respect dude's versatility in the tracks.
I'm sorry, but there's nothing versatile about throwing an R and B singer on the hook. Babyface's production and hook were the best things about Comfortable. Tie My Hands let me down big time. The beat was there, the hook was there and you're New Orleans' biggest star and you just had pretty much standard lyrics. Then he goes to TV and says, "I'm a gangsta Ms. Katie and gangstas don't ask question." I don't give people point just for doing something different if it's not done well....he's not Andre 3K in that regard. I think he took a step back lyrically all around on that album. His hype will never cease to amaze me. Since the Carter II (maybe Drought 3 as a notable exception) for every good line he has, there are 3 average or bad ones. Right now he's built off hype and his persona that somehow an entire generation identify with. His flow is incredibly advanced right now, but lyrically....he took two steps back. He's better than these generic punch lines rappers and has bright spots now and then, but he could've been an all time great. He'll still be that, but not in quality of albums, but in consistency of hype. Hip Hop's Madonna.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations to exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter and will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.


I have to disagree. I thought C3 was very innovative. Dude was doing tracks with everyone from Bobby V to Babyface. Each song to me was really well done. Lollipop was ridiculously commercial and I grew to hate it. But songs like "Comfortable", "Tie my Hands", even "A Milli" went super hard. I also really like the funky concept of "Phone Home". I guess you just have to respect dude's versatility in the tracks.
I'm sorry, but there's nothing versatile about throwing an R and B singer on the hook. Babyface's production and hook were the best things about Comfortable. Tie My Hands let me down big time. The beat was there, the hook was there and you're New Orleans' biggest star and you just had pretty much standard lyrics. Then he goes to TV and says, "I'm a gangsta Ms. Katie and gangstas don't ask question." I don't give people point just for doing something different if it's not done well....he's not Andre 3K in that regard. I think he took a step back lyrically all around on that album. His hype will never cease to amaze me. Since the Carter II (maybe Drought 3 as a notable exception) for every good line he has, there are 3 average or bad ones. Right now he's built off hype and his persona that somehow an entire generation identify with. His flow is incredibly advanced right now, but lyrically....he took two steps back. He's better than these generic punch lines rappers and has bright spots now and then, but he could've been an all time great. He'll still be that, but not in quality of albums, but in consistency of hype. Hip Hop's Madonna.


He's definitely not built off of hype. C2 put him on a pedastle and Drought 3 put him in a different arena. He proved himself. And he took two steps back lyrically? Don't see how. C3 was a commercial album. I give him a pass for that because he dropped No Ceilings after that and re-solidified his skill on that mixtape. He followed the bread and I'm not mad at that, but C3 wasn't the lyrical genius that Weezy is. He proved that on his follow up mixtape though.

Damn now you got me sounding like the biggest weezy stan on the planet!

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:For the most part, Tha Cater III sucked ass. The only reason I bought it was because I bought into the hype. I'm not mad at Lil Wayne though. He is doing what will make money. I don't care if you love him or hate him, he is the only artist to literally dominate radio like that ( and for so long). He completely changed limitations to exposure. At one point, you couldn't listen to the radio without hearing "Young Moolah BAAAAABY!"

How he went from being that rat looking teenager hype man in Cash Money saying 'bling bling' to becoming a global phenomenon and trendsetter and will never cease to amaze and in some ways inspire me.


I have to disagree. I thought C3 was very innovative. Dude was doing tracks with everyone from Bobby V to Babyface. Each song to me was really well done. Lollipop was ridiculously commercial and I grew to hate it. But songs like "Comfortable", "Tie my Hands", even "A Milli" went super hard. I also really like the funky concept of "Phone Home". I guess you just have to respect dude's versatility in the tracks.
I'm sorry, but there's nothing versatile about throwing an R and B singer on the hook. Babyface's production and hook were the best things about Comfortable. Tie My Hands let me down big time. The beat was there, the hook was there and you're New Orleans' biggest star and you just had pretty much standard lyrics. Then he goes to TV and says, "I'm a gangsta Ms. Katie and gangstas don't ask question." I don't give people point just for doing something different if it's not done well....he's not Andre 3K in that regard. I think he took a step back lyrically all around on that album. His hype will never cease to amaze me. Since the Carter II (maybe Drought 3 as a notable exception) for every good line he has, there are 3 average or bad ones. Right now he's built off hype and his persona that somehow an entire generation identify with. His flow is incredibly advanced right now, but lyrically....he took two steps back. He's better than these generic punch lines rappers and has bright spots now and then, but he could've been an all time great. He'll still be that, but not in quality of albums, but in consistency of hype. Hip Hop's Madonna.


He's definitely not built off of hype. C2 put him on a pedastle and Drought 3 put him in a different arena. He proved himself. And he took two steps back lyrically? Don't see how. C3 was a commercial album. I give him a pass for that because he dropped No Ceilings after that and re-solidified his skill on that mixtape. He followed the bread and I'm not mad at that, but C3 wasn't the lyrical genius that Weezy is. He proved that on his follow up mixtape though.

Damn now you got me sounding like the biggest weezy stan on the planet!

Again all No Ceilings showed me was that he had an advanced flow. That is my point, he gets by along on flow alone these days. It's not what he says, it's how he says it. Jay-Z once said something similar a few years ago. (Ironic because Jay-Z and 3K are probably Wayne's biggest influences outside of the obvious New Orleans stuff) . The Carter 2 was when the mainstream started realizing he could rap, but you can't hang your hat on that and a couple of hot mixtapes. He still has not delivered a classic album...Kanye West has a better discography if we're being realistic and obviously Wayne's a more talented rapper. But you don't get put in greatest of all time discussions without having those type of albums on your resume'.

Your only as good as your last verse or product. When was the last time you heard a Wayne feature that made your jaw drop? A verse that made you double-take? It's more his persona than his lyrics at this point. "I think about more than I forget." Who else but Wayne could say that and have people going :shock:

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote: Again all No Ceilings showed me was that he had an advanced flow. That is my point, he gets by along on flow alone these days. It's not what he says, it's how he says it. Jay-Z once said something similar a few years ago. (Ironic because Jay-Z and 3K are probably Wayne's biggest influences outside of the obvious New Orleans stuff) . The Carter 2 was when the mainstream started realizing he could rap, but you can't hang your hat on that and a couple of hot mixtapes. He still has not delivered a classic album...Kanye West has a better discography if we're being realistic and obviously Wayne's a more talented rapper. But you don't get put in greatest of all time discussions without having those type of albums on your resume'.

Your only as good as your last verse or product. When was the last time you heard a Wayne feature that made your jaw drop? A verse that made you double-take? It's more his persona than his lyrics at this point. "I think about more than I forget." Who else but Wayne could say that and have people going :shock:


6'7' and Fire Flame Remix both had sick Weezy verses lol. I agree though you can't do it on flow alone. Jigga makes you feel his music much like Pac and Big did. And no Wayne album has ever come close to an Illmatic, Blueprint, All Eyez on Me, Life After Death, etc. But Wayne created a new lane for rapping. Not just like obvious punchlines, but some of his ish is well thought out and has me trippin for a bit. Especially when he inserts references from our childhood (since he is like our age still lol). I guess its "to each their own" with Wayne but I appreciate what he's accomplished thus far and will continue to support his career.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: URM 2010-2011 Application Cycle

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:48 pm

dey206 wrote:anyone hear anything yet? The wait is killing me.


+1, slowly starting to lose my shit waiting :(




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests