Any South Texas Graduates apply to UT???

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
osalinas44

Any South Texas Graduates apply to UT???

Postby osalinas44 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Are there any South Texas Grads on this forum who have applied to UT (Corpus Christi, Texas and down)??? If so, what were y'alls numbers and results??? Thanks.

merichard87

Re: Any South Texas Graduates apply to UT???

Postby merichard87 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Are you referring to graduates of schools in South Texas or students at South Texas College of Law who are trying to transfer?

Also, UT only has one law school and its at UT-Austin so why would someone be applying to UT-Corpus Christi?

I'm very confused about your post.

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:36 am

merichard87 wrote:Are you referring to graduates of schools in South Texas or students at South Texas College of Law who are trying to transfer?

Also, UT only has one law school and its at UT-Austin so why would someone be applying to UT-Corpus Christi?

I'm very confused about your post.

No I mean people who graduated from a South Texas school for thier undergrad and are now applying to UT law. Thanks.

merichard87

Postby merichard87 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Which schools do you consider to be in South Texas? And just as a thought, why would being from South Texas matter to you?

swooshnke

Postby swooshnke » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Schools considered South Texas by UT

TAMUCC
TAMUK
TAIU-LAREDO
UT-BROWNSVILLE
UT-PAN AM

UT Law reserves 15 spots for students from these schools regardless of LSAT and GPA credentials.

Plus, with all the South Texas initiatives the state is doing; it can only help you.

I also recommend applying to one of the pre law programs hosted by UT Law, but are conducted at UTSA, UTEP, and UTPA.

I don't know any numbers though.

Good Luck.

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 am

swooshnke wrote:Schools considered South Texas by UT

TAMUCC
TAMUK
TAIU-LAREDO
UT-BROWNSVILLE
UT-PAN AM

UT Law reserves 15 spots for students from these schools regardless of LSAT and GPA credentials.

Plus, with all the South Texas initiatives the state is doing; it can only help you.

I also recommend applying to one of the pre law programs hosted by UT Law, but are conducted at UTSA, UTEP, and UTPA.

15 spots?? How do you know this? Does that mean my chances of admission have increased (LSAT 161, gpa 3.7)? I'm a URM (Mexican American and I'm from one of those schools).

Good Luck.

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 am

TAMUCC
TAMUK
TAIU-LAREDO
UT-BROWNSVILLE
UT-PAN AM

Good Luck.

15 spots?? How do you know this? Does that mean my chances of admission have increased (LSAT 161, gpa 3.7)? I'm a URM (Mexican American and I'm from one of those schools). So would I be basically competing for these 15 spots??? Thanks.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 am

osalinas44 wrote:

TAMUCC
TAMUK
TAIU-LAREDO
UT-BROWNSVILLE
UT-PAN AM

Good Luck.

15 spots?? How do you know this? Does that mean my chances of admission have increased (LSAT 161, gpa 3.7)? I'm a URM (Mexican American and I'm from one of those schools). So would I be basically competing for these 15 spots??? Thanks.

They reserve 15 spots so they take at least 15 students from south Texas colleges. A UT Law rep came to my school for an info session and told us about this as well to encourage us to apply.

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:15 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
osalinas44 wrote:

TAMUCC
TAMUK
TAIU-LAREDO
UT-BROWNSVILLE
UT-PAN AM

Good Luck.

They reserve 15 spots so they take at least 15 students from south Texas colleges. A UT Law rep came to my school for an info session and told us about this as well to encourage us to apply.

If you don't mind me asking, which school are you at? It would be crazy if we were from the same school...

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”