Graduate degree from Oxford and chances at HYS ?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
patchin411

Graduate degree from Oxford and chances at HYS ?

Postby patchin411 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

Does being an AA male with a graduate degree from Oxford in a physical science make you a strong candidate for HYS?

my LSAC ugpa 3.82 in Chem. Graduated from Ivy. Took risks in undergrad class. I made a B+ in gradauate level chem as junior. won respect of the department b/c I was tthe only undergrad to take the class. Otherwise Straight As in Hard science classes with pre meds.

Or is the Oxford just a soft? I don't know what the cycles look like in terms of AA males. I am serious! I also grew in single parent family (mom, brother, and sister) with little resources.

Strong interest in intellectual property law. I have two publications in chem during undergrad years.

What number on the LSAT do I need?

I won a scholarship for study at Oxford but it was not Marshall/Rhodes

I am not the best standardized test taker. But I have never used a test prep program

jayn3

Re: Graduate degree from Oxford and chances at HYS ?

Postby jayn3 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:31 am

(sigh)

c0rpusdelicti

Postby c0rpusdelicti » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:05 am

weak flame.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

patchin411 wrote:Does being an AA male with a graduate degree from Oxford in a physical science make you a strong candidate for HYS?

my LSAC ugpa 3.82 in Chem. Graduated from Ivy. Took risks in undergrad class. I made a B+ in gradauate level chem as junior. won respect of the department b/c I was tthe only undergrad to take the class. Otherwise Straight As in Hard science classes with pre meds.

Or is the Oxford just a soft? I don't know what the cycles look like in terms of AA males. I am serious! I also grew in single parent family (mom, brother, and sister) with little resources.

Strong interest in intellectual property law. I have two publications in chem during undergrad years.

What number on the LSAT do I need?

I won a scholarship for study at Oxford but it was not Marshall/Rhodes

I am not the best standardized test taker. But I have never used a test prep program

As an AA male, I can tell you this all sounds impressive. But none of it matters without an LSAT. Get a 170 or above, and I bet you'll get into all three
(I had a 168 3.7- Got accepted at H, rejected at Y, waitlisted at S, but I applied late)

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”