managing expectations

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

managing expectations

Postby CryingMonkey » Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi there. I'm just getting geared up for this app cycle - taking the LSAT next month then it's off to the races. Although I know that I won't really know anything until I get my LSAT score, I'm trying to set realistic goals for where I want to consider.

So, that said - as an AA male with a 3.3 GPA from an Ivy with going on two years of work experience, is it practical to be aiming for HYS or are my grades too low for a realistic chance? I've looked at the various number parsers and it seems like the GPA is just too low, but I thought I'd ask. I can't really afford to apply to a bunch of places I won't have a chance of getting in, and I want to start managing expectations now.

Re: managing expectations

Postby YCrevolution » Thu May 06, 2010 11:44 am

Re: managing expectations

Postby merichard87 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 pm

As URM our apps are looked at a little differently so no one could give you a good idea without an actual LSAT score but I do think the rest of your app will have to be exceptional to really give you a chance at T10. Also, Law School Predictor is not totally useless but I wouldn't make any real decision based off of it.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”